Exige Cup 260 - Restoration and Updates

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
MrP80

So I wheeled the car out to take some photos and to have a wash - and I've got to say I am pretty pleased with where its ended up..

A few small adjustments made, but nothing major - all seems good. Far to say its still pretty raw as expected, but when you get about 30/40 MPH it just sort of comes together, hunkers down and comes alive - it’s a really very special car, very pleased.

A red car really needs to be outside to come to life:

lotuslee

Looks stunning ❤
What deffuser is that ?
MrP80

lotuslee wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:31 pm Looks stunning ❤
What deffuser is that ?
Cheers 👍

It’s a Reverie carbon 3 element, does set the car off nicely

Tremendous work and thanks for documenting.
Is it on with Will B?
Graeme
MrP80

661 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:54 am Tremendous work and thanks for documenting.
Is it on with Will B?
No thats an 09 clam car - great if you want a car thats a little more 'lived in' and rough around the edges I have been told

MrP80 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:19 am
661 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:54 am Tremendous work and thanks for documenting.
Is it on with Will B?
No thats an 09 clam car - great if you want a car thats a little more 'lived in' and rough around the edges I have been told
It was the point of discussion on another forum and said it didn't look the same diffuser, but what are the chances.........?
Graeme
MrP80

661 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:55 am It was the point of discussion on another forum and said it didn't look the same diffuser, but what are the chances.........?
Interesting. Different front clam, rear wing etc are the main differences model wise, the MY10 was far rarer if that makes a difference to some.

Main difference really is the condition between the two
thommo

Absolutely beautiful. And I’m not a fan of stripes and stuff.
Exige S1 No: 139
MrP80

Right, final update I think….

The final change I made was to replace the silver badging to black for the LOTUS and Exige sticker, badging was done myself but Devine Handcraft did the black Exige Decal

Looks pretty good with the general black and red theme:

I don't think I showed an interior shot before, as it was always in the middle of the night I worked on the car:

Then she was off to her new owner - I didn’t advertise her and all enquiries came I think from this build thread, and to lots of helpful Lotus owners who got the word out for me.

There was lots of interest, some faded away several were very interested but needed to sell first and it went quite for a bit, until a fellow Exige owner highlighted to someone who was considering a Elise 250Cup vs an 09 Cup260, that mine was around and should be considered - a deal was done and taking a huge leap of faith in doing a deal at distance, the car was sold - and soon heading up North to its new home

Unfortunately it was a wet day, which was a shame as you never like a new car day to be rainy one

But off she went to a very happy owner, hopefully he'll be on hear soon to update the thread as I think he has a few more things planned - and will actually drive it unlike me

So that’s the Cup260 restoration done, I scaled back plans at the end - but in the end I took what people said was an excellent condition car, into a properly excellent condition and in the end it was pretty good. Pictures never did it justice, so you'll have to take my word for it, but she was a cracking looking car by the time I said goodbye!

Great to end on the best Exige I ever owned!

After 6 Exiges, I guess my time with them is done - each one I drove less as life got in the way, strangely as kids got older they took up more and more time and effort and I could never make time for a drive, so time for a change Ito reignite the spark
james.drives

Such a great restoration of a superb car. It's a shame you didn't get to enjoy it as much as you planned but at least you can take comfort knowing the new owner will be loving every moment thanks to your handy work!

Do let us know what the next toy is, even if it's not a lotus!