Wanted - Series 1 OEM Removable Steering Wheel

Speaks for itself really !
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

Hello

On the look out for the removable steering wheel (plus the boss mount) offered as an option in Series 1’s. I think momo.

They came in black or red, looking for black by preference. On off chance anyone has one tucked away! 😁👍

Thank you
thommo
Reactions:

Interesting, I have suddenly renewed my interest in a new steering wheel
deggles
Reactions:

They're like rocking-horse poo! :( Afraid I can't help in locating but I have the original accessories brochure with pics and part numbers if any use:

The Momo wheel was similar to the 'Jet' and 'Tuner' styles which are still available. Not sure on size but I know @pmyhill has an original one so could measure for you. The boss kit is by Snap-Off, I got one second-hand a few years ago but haven't seen one for sale for ages.

Hope you find one :thumbup:
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

deggles wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:20 am
They're like rocking-horse poo! :( Afraid I can't help in locating but I have the original accessories brochure with pics and part numbers if any use:

The Momo wheel was similar to the 'Jet' and 'Tuner' styles which are still available. Not sure on size but I know @pmyhill has an original one so could measure for you. The boss kit is by Snap-Off, I got one second-hand a few years ago but haven't seen one for sale for ages.

Hope you find one :thumbup:
Thanks that’s really helpful. I’ll try and do some homework and see if a direct equivalent is available. Will share back if I can. Thank you
tlracer
Reactions:

I have an OMP Trecento on mine. If I remember rightly the top part of the column is Vauxhall Corsa, so a QR boss suitable for one of those should work.
sjw
Reactions:

I have the snap-off unit which I don't need any more. Its like the one above with a key to insert into a cylinder type thing, then you pull on the 2 side bits simultaneously. The horn push is available from various sources. I believe it was originally an Esprit part. You may also need an adapter ring.
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

tlracer wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:28 pm
I have an OMP Trecento on mine. If I remember rightly the top part of the column is Vauxhall Corsa, so a QR boss suitable for one of those should work.
Thank you - I’ll look that up
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

sjw wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:30 pm
I have the snap-off unit which I don't need any more. Its like the one above with a key to insert into a cylinder type thing, then you pull on the 2 side bits simultaneously. The horn push is available from various sources. I believe it was originally an Esprit part. You may also need an adapter ring.
Cool please let me know what you have in mind. I think you’re right re esprit.
deggles
Reactions:

Hi @gonein60seconds , if you're still looking, what looks like an OEM wheel and boss kit just came up on one of the Facebook parts groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/722919091825706 . If you're not on FB you can contact via his website http://www.scottrussellsportscars.co.uk/

:thumbup:
ImageImageImage
gonein60seconds
Reactions:

Thank you - I managed to get a wheel and snap off kit separately and now have a complete set up. Really pleased. Thanks for the heads up SR always seems to have great parts ..