S2 NA + Mods

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
ludo175

I think I have the same disease as you!

Where did you buy the manifold ?
I saw that MWR had some for sale too

the ideal would be to be able to find only the runners
matt447

ludo175 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:23 pm I think I have the same disease as you!

Where did you buy the manifold ?
I saw that MWR had some for sale too

the ideal would be to be able to find only the runners
I bought the Corolla manifold (plenum and runners) from MWR. If you were to ask Webbs Styling to port the runners, he charged me £50 surcharge for the runners themselves, so if I return my runners to him, he’ll refund me £50… it’s a fair amount to post mine to him, so I’m happy to just keep mine for any future projects… You’ll need the gasket that goes between the runners and the r9k velocity stacks - keep that in mind too :)
ludo175

ok, thanks for the info, did you buy manifold new or used like this link ? : https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/prod ... z-ge-used/
I would ask Webbs Styling to do it for me too but I'm in France and it's quite complicated now since the brexit... :(
matt447

ludo175 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:44 pm ok, thanks for the info, did you buy manifold new or used like this link ? : https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/prod ... z-ge-used/
I would ask Webbs Styling to do it for me too but I'm in France and it's quite complicated now since the brexit... :(
I bought a used one from MWR - just like that :) I’ll be trying to fit it all together over the weekend hopefully - then I’ll know for certain it fits, not just hoping/guessing, lol!
ludo175

I keep my fingers crossed for you
Nicolas14

You should be able to fit a larger throttle body. I think people are fitting Infiniti Q45 TBs. Might be worth if confirmed that the width of the TBs align with the one of the intake plenum.
matt447

I’m still doing the job, but I can confirm the r9ktuned plenum does fit in the space we have available… but it’s much tighter than the OEM intake…

Last edited by matt447 on Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicolas14

Nice work Matt !
It is strage that the Rk9 set up is tighter than the OEM, as based on pitcures, I would have bet that the OEM is bigger....anyway, all good news ! And well done for trying these things, which to my knowledge, has never been done on a Lotus before. The question now is whether you'll be required to do a remap to get most of the benefits this intake may bring. I suspect you would.
Nico
matt447

Thanks Nico!

Yeah, I was surprised to find it was a tight fit in the end, it's just that the runners shift the whole unit slightly further towards the firewall than the original Celica manifold... It *looks* like it'll be fine, but I think I need to relocate the 2 separate relays that were previously in their default position, and if you have the OEM ECU I think that might be another issue too - luckily my EMU Black is smaller and positioned off to the side a bit...

I agree, it'll need tuning to map it properly - will get that sorted in due course... in the meantime, I have a Wideband lambda and the ECU can adjust to compensate for the (small) extra air... Just need to get it working and back together :)
ludo175

I didn't think that the new runners were so far away from the plenum.
Anyway, congratulations for the assembly. I'll have to adapt the air intake pipe.
Can't wait to hear what you think about the modification :thumbup: