2004 Exige S2...

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey

Mine has been fine, though I did notice my first fill-up with the ADU initially emptied the gauge and it gradually refilled after a mile or so but it's not happened since so I put it down to some kind of calibration process (?)

Do you know what firmware you're running? The last "stable" release is reeeeeeeeally old now, most people I know are running the latest versions from ECUMaster.com/tv which are technically test versions but the changelog since the last stable edition is extensive.
Fonzey

Version 2.115 specially calls out a fix to Lotus fuel gauge
The Hornet

haven't connected to it yet - H111 said its on latest but don't know if that's the stable version or not...
The Hornet

ok... so advice from fellow EMU black or mapped car owners...

I took my car for an emissions test - at 2500 it fails at 1.04% CO, but passes at 1500. Thats ok, but I am now concerned that the CO is going to be much higher as the revs climb which in turn will kill my sports cat over time. Has anyone similar numbers and knows if their CO does indeed climb ? I have also asked Hangar 111, but no response yet.....
Fonzey

The Hornet wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:16 pm ok... so advice from fellow EMU black or mapped car owners...

I took my car for an emissions test - at 2500 it fails at 1.04% CO, but passes at 1500. Thats ok, but I am now concerned that the CO is going to be much higher as the revs climb which in turn will kill my sports cat over time. Has anyone similar numbers and knows if their CO does indeed climb ? I have also asked Hangar 111, but no response yet.....
Just checked my photos but I didn't get one from the emissions print out, sorry :(

What's your lambda target at 2500rpm and did the MOT print out match that? I appreciate Lambda =/= CO but there may be a correlation or indication of whether something isn't right or not.
The Hornet

lambda is 0.96 at 2500 and 0.99 at 1500 - both are a pass - I don't really understand Lambda though
Fonzey

The Hornet wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:50 am lambda is 0.96 at 2500 and 0.99 at 1500 - both are a pass - I don't really understand Lambda though
1.0 Lambda = 14.7 AFR. 1.0 indicates a 'perfect burn' with as minimal wastage as possible. Above 1.0 is lean, below 1.0 is rich.

My idle range is all set with a target of 1.0. When I first collected the car from RRR, for some reason it was 0.95 (I think as a way to stabilise the idle, not sure) which was giving me an MOT fail. I moved it to 1.0 and suddenly it breezed through the MOT, but I had to do work elsewhere on the ECU to sort the idle out (which I've now done).

If you have easy access to the MOT machine to retest, it may be worth playing around with it to see if it influences the CO figures. You can be at 1.0 lambda for any/all low load cells on the map, you only need to start throwing more fuel at it once you're getting to the high load/boost areas of the map. Some people/cars even throw in cruise cells that are leaner than 1.0 for fuel economy on runs, but that's a bit of an environmental no-no because it increases nox emission, or something.
The Hornet

Those of you running 280+ horses with chargecoolers etc… how hot does your rear clam get on when you’ve been on it… on the rear arches and above the number plate?

Maybe I didn’t notice it before, or car had some time to cool down before I parked it, but it was almost too hot to touch in places…. Boot floor wasn’t too bad though….
Fonzey

The Hornet wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:12 am Those of you running 280+ horses with chargecoolers etc… how hot does your rear clam get on when you’ve been on it… on the rear arches and above the number plate?

Maybe I didn’t notice it before, or car had some time to cool down before I parked it, but it was almost too hot to touch in places…. Boot floor wasn’t too bad though….
"Quite" is probably my answer I would give. Particularly around where the cat to backbox u-bend is.

As with most my stock snailshell heatshield there was long gone, so I've wrapped the u-bend itself (expect to redo it every 18-24months) and also got some self adhesive heatshield material that they line the inside of motorbike farings with, stuck that to the inside of the clam behind the arch liner.
pkw2704

sticky reflective heat shield inside the clam....sorted