Lee's Exige

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
thommo

lotuslee wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:49 am Looks great to me, we need another run out promise i wont hold you up this time 🤣🤣
:lolno: :D
Exige S1 No: 139
lotuslee

After a fun summer of using my Exige I Thought it was time I updated my build thread.
To be fair the car has not missed a beat at all the biggest issue has been a very annoying dash board rattle but more on that later.
As previous said the first thing I do before any work is a big detail.

Let the strip down begin first job is to remove the Interior, to allow me to get the rear clam off

lotuslee

When I built the car last year I made the mistake of fitting a ceramic paddle clutch, but I found it too grabby for road use and wanted to go back to a organic clutch.

All this stuff removed just to get the box out.

Actually getting the box off the engine is very easy once everything is removed.

While the clutch was out why not treat it to a lightweight flywheel.

gp_fisher

Is that an open gate gear linkage cover spotted on the garage floor ready to go In 😀
Fonzey

I hope your CC throwout bearing isn't as annoying as mine :lol:
lotuslee

Yes Pete well spotted, 😀 I have never liked the gear shifter on my car and I also had a common blue ball crack too. So I purchased the Dolomiti shifter from Manuel in Italy. I went for this shifter over the Lotus version and the Ikonetic version as it can be adjusted for shorter throw. It also looks beautiful and truly is a work of art.

Strip down of the original shifter was not too bad.

First install of the shifter proved a lot of work was needed.

I wanted the Lotus open gear console so after speaking to Paul at Christopher Neil's he managed to get Lotus to sell me some untrimned plastics.
Fitting the plastics was the most difficult as they had to be cut and shaped to fit around the shifter something I would not like to do again in a hurry but pleased how they turned out.

I used my original console and cut it about to fit.

Last edited by lotuslee on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lotuslee

It was time to hand the plastics over to my good friend Ross Hogg Robinson who trimned the rest of the interior last year. Again everything is covered in the correct lotus fabrics as per the seats and door cards.

The hazard switch was a right pain in the bum, on the 350 Exiges its a completely different harness so after a lot of head scratching and searching I decided just to fit the original switch for now, it does not look too bad and also will work correctly.

I cut the original mounting off the old console and bonded it to the new cover.

lotuslee

To add a little colour I wanted the full yellow colour pack, so new harness hole plastics were purchased at great expense as I wanted them painted correctly. It is impossible to get the harness plastics out of the seats without breaking them also.

Glueing then new plastics into the seats is another pain in the bum to do.

Pretty much the finished result minus the sill plastics as they are away getting PPF fitted.

The shifter now is as good as a new car this is also helped by fitting rose joints to both ends of the cables and also replacing the top hat bushes at the gearbox selector.
lotuslee

Fonzey wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:36 pm I hope your CC throwout bearing isn't as annoying as mine :lol:
Hope so mate the clutch is off Dave at Serious who has been so helpful 👍
Fonzey

lotuslee wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:35 pm
Fonzey wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:36 pm I hope your CC throwout bearing isn't as annoying as mine :lol:
Hope so mate the clutch is off Dave at Serious who has been so helpful 👍
He's alright eh. :thumbup:

Interior touches look great, brings the car bang up to date. Good work as always.