2006 Exige S

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey

Oh and a complete non event was going back to an open differential.

I was expecting to really miss it in the hairpin but I just didn't.

Surprised, I thought I'd be winging about a lack of LSD for months but it really wasn't noticeable. In the wet it'll be another story, adding a diff turned my car from deathtrap to something I could have fun with so it will still suck to lose that.

My opinion of LSD in a Lotus is firmly "not worth dropping your box just to fit one, but there's zero downsides to adding one if your box happens to be out"
andybond
Site Admin

What a predicament you are in!
Fonzey

I know, poor Kyle doesn't like his perfectly good toy car anymore. Such problems :lolno:
DarrylH

Have you thought about going the other way? You could build a supercharged k20 S1/S2? Or go a similar route to HPE and throttle body them.

That could give you the S2 light on its feet feel that you are talking about with hopefully a bit more reliability.

Obviously I’m not biased to a k20 or anything :lol:
Fonzey

DarrylH wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:56 pm Have you thought about going the other way? You could build a supercharged k20 S1/S2? Or go a similar route to HPE and throttle body them.

That could give you the S2 light on its feet feel that you are talking about with hopefully a bit more reliability.

Obviously I’m not biased to a k20 or anything :lol:
Yes it's certainly one of my (many) ideas floating around. Converting a Toyota car doesn't make much sense, but I've often watched other S1/early S2 Honda projects through jealous eyes and it's certainly got appeal. Rebuild what I have today (at least aesthetically) but with a power plant capable of a bit more, with a more competitive aftermarket scene.

Knowing me though, all I'd do is push a K20 to it's limits of reliability and then complain it keeps breaking :lol:
Fonzey

johnfishcurtis wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:05 pm Why not turn the current car back to 275ish, standard gearbox. Strip weight out, perspex windows, dash, sound deadening, etc etc and turn her into a light weight track weapon/project?
Well I took this idea and took it a bit far.

The Exige now has a stablemate, I'd love to say I can keep them both and keep the Exige as a practical road/all-weather car but my garage can't really accomodate both long term. Plus I need the cash for a trailer :lol:

2-Eleven thread will appear soon if @andybond allows me to post non-Exige content. :mrgreen:
matt447

What the hecky-decky!?!? Awesome!!!!!! :clap:
andybond
Site Admin

Fonzey wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:36 am
2-Eleven thread will appear soon if @andybond allows me to post non-Exige content. :mrgreen:
HOON

Excellent! I’m looking forward to hearing about the 2-eleven and your adventures with it! 8-) :thumbup:
PaulT

:shock: Well, this is a turn up for the books... :thumbup: