2006 Exige S

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I found that mine squealed like a stuck pig when the discs were excessively worn.
matt447
Reactions:

winthattt wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm
Obvious question, did you put copper grease on the back of the pads? You don’t need much but it must cover the piston ring which pushes on to the pad.

Sorry if you have done that, always worked for me for many years of Lotus cars.
Yeah, nice thin smear of copper grease on the contact point but my old RS42s also squealed with these rotors - something about them maybe? Not the end of the world, will see how they go :)
Fonzey
Reactions:

Took the spoiler off as I had a sloshing sound whenever opening the boot... turns out the bloody thing was full of snowfoam, there's half a kilo saved there by draining it!

Spoilerless Exige looks freakishly good... or have I just been kept indoors for too long?!

Will be staying off for a couple of days, fixings were a bit rusty - so obviously they need swapping over for stainless :)
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I prefer the car with the wing. It looks strange without it in my opinion.

However , beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that
evo_ufo
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:07 am

Spoilerless Exige looks freakishly good... or have I just been kept indoors for too long?!
Definitely indoor for too long.
johnfishcurtis
Reactions:

S1, S2 and S3 all need a spoiler. But that's just my opinion 8-)
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

johnfishcurtis wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:10 pm
S1, S2 and S3 all need a spoiler. But that's just my correct opinion 8-)
Edited for you.
ade
Reactions:

This is a wing
Fonzey
Reactions:

That's just showing off!!

I always knew the Exige bootlid was a heavy old lump from when I had to support it with my head during the double to single strut install, but I can now see that most of that weight it in the spoiler. The boot no longer closes under its own weight (when the strut is unlocked) and needs pushing down.

I reckon that spoiler would be a good place to start for some useful weight saving (high up, towards the rear). I don't mean going spoilerless completely, I nearly crashed already whilst backing onto the drive due to the loss of down force... but there must be some tasty carbon stuff out there somewhere :think:
ade
Reactions:

If you really want to save weight high up the roof and boot lid is where you should start, from memory there is over 12kg to save there, finding carbon roofs and boot lids now is tough though if you want genuine, there is a thread somewhere when I did mine with weights etc