Introduction aaaand...limp mode

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
thommo

No 1
Exige S1 No: 139
deggles

hmm I'd go option 1 and then option 3 if no joy on the original ECU (simply because I know nothing about Megasquirts :D )

An advantage of the Emerald is if you order a new one from them they can pre-configure the ECU with the correct config and map, and supply a plug+play loom adapter. You'll probably want to tweak the map and timing on a rolling road to get it spot on, but you could be up and running again fairly quickly :thumbup:
hda

deggles wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:43 am An advantage of the Emerald is if you order a new one from them they can pre-configure the ECU with the correct config and map, and supply a plug+play loom adapter. You'll probably want to tweak the map and timing on a rolling road to get it spot on, but you could be up and running again fairly quickly :thumbup:
That's a good point, although my mechanic thinks that the Emerald is "too old" and there are finer ECUs nowadays.
I think that the Exige is quite old so probably the Emerald is fine, but I am no ECU expert. BTW the folks at Emerald have been great in email correspondence.

Well, a weekend in Italy without a Lotus and in a Punto 1.4 with auto box: this has to be purgatory
S1 #261
hda

We found the issue! A split wire was making contact on acceleration, triggering the fault.

I say “we” but I actually just answered the phone and they told me that.

Still hunting for an Emerald though
S1 #261
thommo

Congats! Enjoy your driving
Exige S1 No: 139
deggles

Great news, and good job by whoever found the problem :clap: . Wiring faults are hard enough to track down, let alone one that only happens under acceleration :crazy:
hda

Thanks peeps! I got a text at 1am with an emoji of a bottle of champagne popping :)

I am off to Goodwood tomorrow but should go pick up the Exige next Tuesday.

Full tank of VPower and some right foot oil
S1 #261