Exige Cup 260 - Restoration and Updates

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
thommo

Mrs Thommo thinks it might be crocheted (That’s pronounced “crochay”, I believe.) rather than macrame.
No crack smoking going on here . . .
Exige S1 No: 139
D4 UEH

Great post! Hopefully get mine as clean as this when my garage is sorted. I have the same spec car Image
MrP80

D4 UEH wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:22 pm Great post! Hopefully get mine as clean as this when my garage is sorted. I have the same spec car Image
Cheers :thumbup: Looks like you've got the same diffuser as me too (Reverie)?
D4 UEH

Yeah, reverie. I think yours was inspired by mine as I spoke to the previous owner of your car at a show a couple of years ago and he liked it. Yours is the only other cup260 I’ve seen in the flesh
MrP80

D4 UEH wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 pm Yeah, reverie. I think yours was inspired by mine as I spoke to the previous owner of your car at a show a couple of years ago and he liked it. Yours is the only other cup260 I’ve seen in the flesh
I presumed it was the old diffuser was past its best! Being honest mine is the only Cup260 I've seen in the flesh!

Are you up north/midlands then? Would be good to yours as no two seem alike on final spec!
HOON

D4 UEH wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:22 pm Great post! Hopefully get mine as clean as this when my garage is sorted. I have the same spec car Image
Lovely looking car! 😎👍
MrP80

So bank holiday weekend didn't go exactly to plan, it was meant to be 4 days full of car stuff and some nice food. Reality was I was stuck working so it was back to midnight sessions again, really need to sort the new career thing…

Time to get rid of this crappy wheel whilst the rest of the interior goes back in:

Usual power down so it doesn’t blow up in my face, and airbag was taken out, just thought I would show it as people seem to not post much on removing the airbag

Remove this green tab to release the connector

4 bolts to be removed

And wheel off

Then simply swap the old wheel, for the new wheel and spacer with longer bolts, installation is a bit tighter as the cable is about its limit, you could maybe run a 40mm spacer if you wanted to push it, but cables will be at their max on installation

New wheel, spacer and steering shroud done:

Fonzey

Looking good, wheel makes a massive difference. Not sure what they were thinking with that plastic "leather" stuff on the original...
MrP80

Fonzey wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:53 am Looking good, wheel makes a massive difference. Not sure what they were thinking with that plastic "leather" stuff on the original...
I presume it was something along the lines of “how do we save 50p on one of the 4 main contact points for the driver?”
Fonzey

That 50p probably kept the company afloat at one point, so we probably shouldn't grumble :lol: