Wanted: Rear diffuser

Speaks for itself really !
Evoman

There can be no harm 'testing' the aero effects though right? All in the interests of scientific research of course :) To be objective I think multiple tests covering many miles of scenic roads would be required
johnfishcurtis

Evoman wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:55 am There can be no harm 'testing' the aero effects though right? All in the interests of scientific research of course :) To be objective I think multiple tests covering many miles of scenic roads would be required
Oh I definitely agree with that. Perhaps stopping for a drink to sit back and admire the aero effects :thumbup:
C8LGY

That looks great and I'm looking for a new diffuser too - is Beckwith Engineering also 'Lotus Fred' or Defuseco?
dris

They are one and the same (Lotus Fred and Beckwith Engineering)
tlracer

I have measured mine against the stock diffuser (the blue Exige pic). The extended one is approximately 4" or so longer at the sides and centre. That's about 110mm in new money... :crazy:
Evoman

Yes mine is from Beckwith Engineering (Lotus Fred). Diffuesco are a different company. The one I bought was 50mm extended though I haven't measured it against the standard item.
Type116

i'm currently developing a proper track diffuser with smoke testing, flow-vis and pressure testing, its not going to be small.

I put a video on youtube of some initial tests in the rain to see how the spray reacted and it was very positive.

it will fit on an S2, but I need to check to see how it fits on an S1.
High_octane

Sounds cool.

I'm talking to defuseco - Scott about a custom diffuser, it's a conservative 3 element - not as huge as a GT3 style, but I think it will be slightly deeper and longer than the 50mm extended ones on the market. Roughly similar to the reverie 3 element carbon diffuser, but not made from cf.
Type116

to be honest, the ones i am making wont be for the faint of heart, they are almost half a meter longer forwards which means you need to modify your undertray as the diffuser replaces it and its curved, and the curve starts before the M8 bolts.

it probably sticks out the back about 200mm or so.

in the video we used 4 strakes but the diffuser is over 1100 wide and as you can see on the video the air detaches and reattaches very quickley so we are adding more strakes to get rid of that.

i have a number of prototypes laying around, if anyone is serious enough they are welcome to try it out.