Alternators

<Archived> Even supercars have their flaws..
Trudy Davies

Re: Alternators

Post by Trudy Davies » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:49 am

Dave,I'll have one of those [image]ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:31 pm

Phil, Trudy ???? [image]ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/confused.gif[/image]Guess you still havn't got your username sorted??Send me and e-mail with your address and I'll do the honors. Actually as your local I could pop down sometime and do the paperwork.Send me your address anyway and we'll sort it!! Hows the car going now?? no more flying pulleys I hope!! [image]ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]I'm very sad at moment [image]ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image] cars had to go back to dealer for them to sort out the terrible paintwork they did before I bought it!!!Still got the seats though [image]ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image] I can sit in my lounge and make yip yip noises and pretend!!!(There going in for retrim while cars away)

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:58 pm

Guys, Took a look at the AA web site, it seems that they are offering the service on line. i.e. you can have the basic AA repair/recovery �40 and the parts and labour warranty as Dave describes for �48. This is of course subject to certain reservations which you can read online. Included is one home start as per the TV advert.Hope this helps.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:39 am

Mmm your rite but you can't join "Parts & Labour" on line. You can do it over the phone or through me or any other patrol you may come across. Hadn't realised they were doing membership from �40 thats �3 less than normal on all options, guess who's gonna be making a call to find out why we didn't know about it!! [image]ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/confused.gif[/image] Oh and yes "one free homestart" is on till 31 March

max340r

Post by max340r » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:52 pm

Digging out this old thread

My turn, alternator died on my 340r
Any new alternatives on the OEM alternator ?
Browsed Geary eliseparts website and only found a standard one, no lightweight available anymore ?
Thanks.

Mr Pesky

Post by Mr Pesky » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:02 pm

Max

It's worth phoning Eliseparts - not everything they sell is on the website.

Alternatively http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... RI516730-L

max340r

Post by max340r » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:57 am

Thanks a lot Mr Pesky. I have read the whole thread and been on Brise alternators but I don't know which one would suit the car...
Will shoot an email to Geary then.
Thanks again.

lotusmark

Post by lotusmark » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:57 pm

I just fitted a Nippon/Denso unit from a first generation Toyota MR2. 85-89 You need to run put on a larger pulley, run one wire and fabricate a new tension bracket, but the mounting position is the same as the Marelli unit.

SeanB

Post by SeanB » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Would love to see some pics of the install of that. I bet it is physically smaller by quite a bit isn't it?