The Force Maggiore Tour 2022

Planning a get-together, or want to tell us about a track day ?
The Hornet

As requested - a quick writeup on the road trip I have just returned from - 3000 miles in 10 days.......
The Hornet

Day 1

Home to Riems - Reims to Metz

Motorway run via Eurotunnel to Riems - Lots of Le Mans traffic - AMG GT's, Porsche's everywhere and a few Ferraris - 2 yellow Lotus' got as many looks a far more exotic machinery

Of course had to stop at the Reims circuit

Reims to Metz via country roads - some great open sweepers with no traffic on the route we had.. arrived in Metz after a long day..

The Hornet

Day 2

Metz to Au

From France, through Germany and just into Austria

Early start as this was a big miles day - first part of the journey went well, but when we got towards Stuttgart, there were quite a few road closures that TomTom was too stupid to route around... lots of swearing and googling later we ended up on a restricted Autobahn stretch, too busy to VMax, but my car will cruise at 125 with no effort...

Finally made it to Au - what a stunning place

More to come over the next days.....
andybond
Site Admin

The Hornet wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:22 pm Day 2
, but my car will cruise at 125 with no effort...

Was this not a fraction loud? I also noted my mpg went through the floor at 130km/h on french autoroutes.

Love the pics!
The Hornet

andybond wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:24 pm
The Hornet wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:22 pm Day 2
, but my car will cruise at 125 with no effort...

Was this not a fraction loud? I also noted my mpg went through the floor at 130km/h on french autoroutes.

Love the pics!
it was a little loud yes.... but weirdly stable... I find over 4K rpm cruising.. the mpg drops for sure :) - At 125mph I am sure I could see the fuel gauge dropping :lol:
gonein60seconds

Great pics/trip. I’m heading to Alps tomorrow evening. For interest I heard stopping at Reims wasn’t allowed now and being enforced by police. I want to stop there. Any hassle?
S1 #501
The Hornet

gonein60seconds wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:20 pm Great pics/trip. I’m heading to Alps tomorrow evening. For interest I heard stopping at Reims wasn’t allowed now and being enforced by police. I want to stop there. Any hassle?
There are no stopping signs - and actually there were folks there taking pictures of us... but no police presence - we were there for less than 2 mins, so I hope I don't get a letter !!

One thing to be aware of is the speed cameras in Italy, they are everywhere, actually spoils it a bit, not that I want to speed, as we always go slowly through the villages, but they just make the locals brake suddenly and it does get irritating.
thommo

Great report and pics. That's what we like... hope there's more to come
Exige S1 No: 139
gonein60seconds

The Hornet wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:34 pm
gonein60seconds wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:20 pm Great pics/trip. I’m heading to Alps tomorrow evening. For interest I heard stopping at Reims wasn’t allowed now and being enforced by police. I want to stop there. Any hassle?
There are no stopping signs - and actually there were folks there taking pictures of us... but no police presence - we were there for less than 2 mins, so I hope I don't get a letter !!

One thing to be aware of is the speed cameras in Italy, they are everywhere, actually spoils it a bit, not that I want to speed, as we always go slowly through the villages, but they just make the locals brake suddenly and it does get irritating.
Thank you. We’ll be like you, a quick stop and on route again but really want to stop by. I actually emailed the mayors office to ask permission but got no reply. So will just stop. I hope you’re enjoying it I quite literally can’t wait to get going and do a proper euro trip again 😎
S1 #501
The Hornet

defo more to come later on... and have a great time @gonein60seconds