2021 Exiges track day

Planning a get-together, or want to tell us about a track day ?
thommo

Lavazza wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:36 am Some of the rooms at the Bull might technically be categorised as self contained, being accessed independently from the car park.
A good point. My Airbnb booking is just an insurance policy as I would much rather be at The Bull.
Exige S1 No: 139
Lavazza

Bit off topic, but I see Croft is sold out for July now.
thommo

thommo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:44 am
Lavazza wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:36 am Some of the rooms at the Bull might technically be categorised as self contained, being accessed independently from the car park.
A good point. My Airbnb booking is just an insurance policy as I would much rather be at The Bull.
My Airbnb booking has been cancelled and refunded as the host won't take bookings or hold the booking in case restrictions change. So, in short, we're buggered!
thommo

Lavazza wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:06 pm Bit off topic, but I see Croft is sold out for July now.
And that's a double bugger cos I thought I might swop
Lavazza

I've been looking forward to Anglesey, but the group meet and beers etc is a big part of the atmosphere for me.

I'll be really disappointed if that can't happen.

I have no appetite to stay solo in a self catering place. Virtually to the extent I'd rather not go, unless of course the rules permit.

Is it just me?
winthattt

I hope it’s just you. I went to Anglesey with the lotus 7 club last year, first event after the lock down. The staff at Anglesey were very strict on bubbles and distancing (they were being scrutinised by the authorities) but it was still possible to have socially distanced chats in big circles and eat food from the take away. At least it was until the monsoon started,it was Wales August.

I have Croft booked as well. I would advise not delaying booking as there is a lot of pent up demand.
Fonzey

Lavazza wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 pm I've been looking forward to Anglesey, but the group meet and beers etc is a big part of the atmosphere for me.

I have no appetite to stay solo in a self catering place. Virtually to the extent I'd rather not go, unless of course the rules permit.

Is it just me?

I'm desperate to drive Anglesey and will sleep in my Exige in a layby if that's what it takes.

If the Welsh rules stick to a similar timeline to England then it's not unreasonable to think we couldn't have a group evening in a beer garden somewhere, so there's hope!
Lavazza

Just to be clear, I will, and only ever have since day 1, followed the rules.

My point is, without the social element surrounding the event, for me, it loses a lot of the attraction that makes it a special occasion to look forward to.

The situation is what it is though.

I don't expect I'll be driving there and back in a day from the northern Lake District though.
chris

Fonzey wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:02 pm
Lavazza wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 pm I've been looking forward to Anglesey, but the group meet and beers etc is a big part of the atmosphere for me.

Is it just me?

I'm desperate to drive Anglesey and will sleep in my Exige in a layby if that's what it takes.

If the Welsh rules stick to a similar timeline to England then it's not unreasonable to think we couldn't have a group evening in a beer garden somewhere, so there's hope!
I agree as long as the track day is on I’ll be going. I’ll sleep in the car if I have to.
Lavazza

You're more committed than me, and possibly younger, but there's no way on earth I'll be sleeping in the Exige!

I have slept in cars before, and both being more luxurious than the Exige (relatively)...

It was memorably dreadful...

We'll see what happens with accom options and Wales, their next update is 12th March.