2021 Exiges track day

Planning a get-together, or want to tell us about a track day ?
The Hornet

Fonzey wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:33 pm
The Hornet wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:48 pm
Fonzey wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:40 pm What a day! Quite the emotional rollercoaster, glad I held out till the end... And glad my car held out till the end too! Conked out 5 miles after leaving the circuit which meant for a lengthy 12 hour relay back home :roll:
Oh no ! what happened ? nothing nasty I hope
Battery died, wasn't charging up when engine was running so suspected dead alternator - investigation today shows that the mounting bracket has broken (again) so it had slopped down. Combined with a wet belt, it probably was just slipping on the belt all day - slowly killing off the battery. :roll:
Sorry to hear Kyle - but I bet you will come up with some amazing fix so it doesn't happen again..
thommo

Phew! Quite a weekend for us all. Despite the wind and rain I enjoyed it. Time on track was limited and I must admit that after the sighting laps I was thinking “bugger this” I’ll sit in car in paddock and keep warm but discovered I had no reading matter. So I persevered and ended up quite enjoying it. Then the wind and rain intensified and there was no way I fancied going out again. Great to meet up with some exiges.com “veterans”: Will, Benja, Cirvy, MarkPH and others.
Top marks to LoT for getting the event on and for the precautions put in place. Communications about the event were top class. And admin on the ground on the day. Thanks also to LoT for the offer of “freebies” to those who turned out.
Exige S1 No: 139
andybond
Site Admin

thommo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 pm Phew! Quite a weekend for us all. Despite the wind and rain I enjoyed it. Time on track was limited and I must admit that after the sighting laps I was thinking “bugger this” I’ll sit in car in paddock and keep warm but discovered I had no reading matter. So I persevered and ended up quite enjoying it. Then the wind and rain intensified and there was no way I fancied going out again. Great to meet up with some exiges.com “veterans”: Will, Benja, Cirvy, MarkPH and others.
Top marks to LoT for getting the event on and for the precautions put in place. Communications about the event were top class. And admin on the ground on the day. Thanks also to LoT for the offer of “freebies” to those who turned out.
Pretty sure I was in the other group to you Tommo :(
thommo

tim_marra wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:46 pm LoT has posted some great pics on FB, including one of Thommo 'hunting down' a GT3 Porker ;)
Thanks, Tim, I was trying hard but didn’t quite get past him. No doubt I’d have got him but Steve B, Mark J, Mark R and Andrew B kept getting in my way :shock:
thommo

Andy, shame we didn’t get to meet up. Thought I saw your car and thought I recognised the Reg plate. We were in garages 9&10. There were others who are relatively new to exiges that I didn’t get to meet due to weather and COVID restrictions. Caffeine & Machine will be our best chance of a face to face meet. 👍👍👍👍
andybond
Site Admin

thommo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:04 pm Andy, shame we didn’t get to meet up. Thought I saw your car and thought I recognised the Reg plate. We were in garages 9&10. There were others who are relatively new to exiges that I didn’t get to meet due to weather and COVID restrictions. Caffeine & Machine will be our best chance of a face to face meet. 👍👍👍👍
Tommo, just fired you off a PM.

I didnt twig your car, or plate. I was mostly in 7&8 or 11&12 garages. I feel bad for not twigging the car, I am genuinely sorry I didnt say hello.
thommo

Got the PM. Absolutely no problem at all. As I explain in PM, I was sheltering from the elements.
series_one

Envious!

Sounds like it was Evora weather :angel:
Very happy to hear alot of the gang were there. I’m guessing the ferrets were not used and the S1’s got on track again 😍

Thanks for the pics and write ups! Long live LOT and exiges 😊
series_one

Just been through all the photos.

Some beautiful photos!!! How lucky to have 😎
Lavazza

Some more pics...