Season opener : Donny 21st Feb

Planning a get-together, or want to tell us about a track day ?
Benja
Reactions:

Great day that was over all too quickly. Fantastic to see Sean, SteveE and Martin too,..I kept an eye out for you Alan but did not see you?

The car was going great and it was fantastic to be back in the saddle trying to remember how to drive it! Like Dave says they go well for 175bhp and trouble all kinds of more expensive track machines,..esp GT3s :grin:

Trouble is as soon as you've done one event you want to get out again immediately. I also need to work on my fitness, it's a physical little car to hustle around at pace and I felt knackered the day after. We've got the Spa/Zolder triple header in July!
Benja
Reactions:

I took this pic to show the difference in size between the Baby ///M and the Caterham. Love 'em both :thumbup:

IDG
Reactions:

DaveP wrote:A little play with some Porkers who were holding us up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhK7JwOvylY
Were you two-up Ben? (and I assume glued to Dave's rear during that, with footage to share ;) )
Benja
Reactions:

IDG wrote:
DaveP wrote: Were you two-up Ben? (and I assume glued to Dave's rear during that, with footage to share ;) )
Haha yes, once they yielded to Dave there was another pesky little Caterham right behind him...coming throooouuugh :grin:

I forgot to put my camera on :(
thommo
Reactions:

Super pic, Bdn
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Nice Ben
R300
Reactions:

Nice pair Benja
SeanB
Reactions:

Yeah was a great day. The black GT3 was on full slicks as well by the way.

Dave, Ben and I had a long chat on the fun per £ ratio of different cars. If you factor in the running costs as well as the purchase price, I don't think you could ever beat Ben and Dave's little R300's
Benja
Reactions:

I think fundamentally if you want to spend a lot of time on circuit then starting off with a racecar is a good idea. R300 is such a sweet spot of pace/handling/hoonability as a trackday car, I have no regrets and I plan to use it a LOT in 2016.

I love my Exige like a child but the R300 is undeniably awesome fun on circuit.
stevegreen101
Reactions:

Nice video - I know there's some camera wobble but the centre of the rear edge of the bonnet does appear to lift quite a bit.