Exige Cup 260 - Restoration and Updates

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
thommo

Superb! I've found watching progress . . . fascinating.
Exige S1 No: 139
HOON

Great to see the decals going on 😎👍
Fonzey

That paint is insane, really well done.

Seen so many "detailed" cars under the artificial lights before but have not seen many like that.
MrP80

Thanks all for the encouragement gents :thumbup: , I know its not always the most exciting thing seeing shiny updates and its often agains the Lotus ethos of making stuff shiny for the sake of it, but it certainly made a difference in the real world when I dropped it off and it sat there in the sun!

@Fonzey I've tried to keep the pics as edit free as possible so you can see what it actually looks like rather than adding loads of presence. The final refinement made the biggest difference at a distance, when normally it would be the swirl removal stage. It was quite nice to have the PPF guy give a "wow" as I dropped it off and he was just finishing up a Mclaren 620r whose seats would probably cost about the same as my car!
MrP80

PPF now done and back, pretty happy with the results. I'm never in love with PPF, its shiny but due to its nature you can't get it utterly insane bonkers

PPF was done at Invisifilm in middlewich, good service and good job and very happy with the outcome. Fair to say I had a proper poor mans car, with a Mac 620r being done before me, and various Ferraris, GT3s etc lined up after

Price was very good, but fair to say he'd underquoted me when I booked it, after a slightly shocked face the original price was honoured so all was good.

Here it is in real life, on a dreary day as it was just about to raidand its still looking good but gives a kind of worst case look on the finish without bright lights or sun

Now I need to sticker it up on the rear clam, I thought the silver LOTUS badge looked off. I got Dan to do a black and silver Exige sticker so I had the option

I sprayed up a spare set of LOTUS badges to be gloss black

Then mounted in 3M VHB tape (red bits the backing not the tape)

So I have the option of OEM badging, but also going all black as I have no other silver bits

I've also sorted the slightly larger intercooler from Proalloy, and the ducting kit. I went with Proalloy as it didn't involve drilling the clam to mount the ducting, so its all fully reversable. Will also be adding the catch cans

I would have preferred to add a charge cooler, and I did seriously consider it as I've had the clams off a few times this year, but it was just changes that you couldn't remove, certainly not easily. So although better, this was firmly a nod to not keeping it roughly OEM or at least revertible

Once the car is back I have quite a few bits to do:

• Rear diffuser polish and tidy up
• Refit trimmed interior
• Rear panel, removal and powder coat or paint (it’s a bit ratty)
• Lightweight handbrake callipers
• Change to floating rotors front and rear
• TRD airbox
• Repaint front callipers (people have been a bit lazy putting wheels on)
• Polish the rest of the car
• Sticker up rear clam
• Ceramic coat
• Rear reverse camera (cabling already roughly in place)
• Plus a million smaller things, and I may drop some from the list depending on how much I can be bothered….
lotuslee

Car looks amazing 👍
I will be interested when you get your PA cooler and air feed pipes in place what your ITT are. I have the same set up but not had a chance to measure them when the car is used hard.
Got a PA CC but resisting fitting at the moment but may have to if i decide to go with one of Daves Komotec 300 kits.
Fonzey

lotuslee wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 am Car looks amazing 👍
I will be interested when you get your PA cooler and air feed pipes in place what your ITT are. I have the same set up but not had a chance to measure them when the car is used hard.
Got a PA CC but resisting fitting at the moment but may have to if i decide to go with one of Daves Komotec 300 kits.
From what I logged, Charge cooling simply isnt' needed for a road car. Even with the most enthusiastic of 'road blasts' on the hottest days still don't really get your IATs into the zone where the stock ECU pulls timing once you have the ducting fitted. That was on stock IC too, so with a PA IC I imagine the benefits are even higher.

CC really comes into its own for a track car, but even then when you consider the $$/Effort per degree of gain, the ducting is still a very wise place to go IME.
MrP80

lotuslee wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 am Car looks amazing 👍
Cheers Lee, pretty happy with how its turning out!

I think Chargecooling will always be better, you just get the heat transfer circulating and you can't mimic that without car movement running air/air. With the price difference being not huge between the proper ProAlloy Ducting and the Chargecooler, and having had the clams off it would have made more sense to have gone charge cooled but it was just that nod to keeping it at the least reversible (with these cars going up in value it does influence things especially when you're wife seems to live on rightmove).

As @Fonzey says it should be fine for road, but the CC is the better solution, and certainly much more predictable so maybe more of a want than need for road. If you aren't OK taking clams off etc then I guess the cost difference would be far greater, but not an issue for you
lotuslee

Here are the test results that Chris at PA sent me.

Fonzey

I would say that's believable yeah compared to what I logged.