[ Legacy build ] Renault Megane R26

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
andybond
Site Admin

I am going to detail in here my mods that I have done to my GW R26.

Teaser pic first..

andybond
Site Admin

I bought my megane R26 direct from a dealer. I tried to buy it as a private sale , but the seller had quite literally just traded it in for a M5. The guy who traded it in was willing to give me the traders details so I called and was quite happy to find out that he was happy to sell it me for the price he gave the chap. I later found out the dealer is a manager of several f1 and f3 drivers. Small world !

Anyway , the megane had 32000 on the clock , was apparently a "stage 1 " car and had the center box chopped out to make it sound more aggressive and a remap.

The car certainly felt quick , but at Blyton National day 2 years back I stuck it on the rollers and got this :

I was a bit confused by it and though crap dyno and hot weather = low power. Couldnt explain the low torque though.

So a few weeks later off I toddled to RS Tuning in Leeds. Paul ran the car up on the dyno and we got virtually the same. He did some diagnostic runs and it appears that Stevie Wonder mapped my car. Paul did a remap , exactly the same hardware , nothing changed and we went from the above to the below

The car felt more alive. Reason for it being so crap was a really low AFR. Poor mapping basically.

I didnt think I would ever want more power. I was wrong
andybond
Site Admin

an intercooler was aquired and fitted, plus a map tweak ..

andybond
Site Admin

The torque is capped at around 300ibft or the rods tend to bend. I might invest in some injectors and a different air filter system ( I have a panel in at the minute ) to get to 300hp , or I might just go for broke and forge the engine.

I have taken the car around track and chased down some friends in their Megane 225. Had some good fun !

I can confirm the car is rubbish in snow mind

andybond
Site Admin

Some audio

andybond
Site Admin

3 inch ( inc decat ) exhaust, custom made.

My megane was featured in Evo mag way back. Here is Jetro taking it off for a drive

andybond
Site Admin

Evo mag pic

Celebrated with a R26R rear spoiler and black mirrors

andybond
Site Admin

Treated the Meg to all round new discs and pads. Went for Pagid solid discs at the front ( vented at the center ) with clio 197 solid rears. Pagid rear pads but Ferrodo DS2500 pads.

Just bedded them in and feel sick from the constant throttle brake thottle brake

Also left a faceprint on the windscreen.
andybond
Site Admin

The meg is in for an uprated turbo tomorrow ( 250 turbo )

Already has injectors , induction , 3 inch decat , 3 inch exhaust , 630cc injectors.

Any guesses for power ? Already running 285bhp and 310ibft.
andybond
Site Admin

313 ( point 5 ) HP and 320ibft. Torque is limited to 300 ibft until higher up the rev range where 320ib ft is released at 1.2bar. Wastegate duty was only 60%!

Could have had lots more torque but rods may have left the block