Nightfall Blue S2

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey

andyzim wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:00 am Theoretically I now have all the parts I need to put the car back together.
That's a great feeling, somehow I never feel like I'm at that point until the final day of the project! Lack of planning on my part I guess....
andyzim

Wow I hate working on cars sometimes. I was busy making small progress, the new driving spot lamps and brackets went on, I did the indicators clip repairs, I managed to get the ac pipe off with heat and a dremel to carefully split the nut.

Then putting the new pipe on I wrecked the new condenser. A spanner was promptly thrown across the garage. Basically I didn't hold the nut well enough on the condenser side so it twisted and sheared off the connection. @seriouslylotus will be getting another order from me to replace it again! Another half day plus to take the entire thing apart and replace it again too.
lotuslee

Before you splash out on a new condenser, can you notget it alloy welded back on ? Its only a radiator after all ?
andyzim

lotuslee wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:42 am Before you splash out on a new condenser, can you notget it alloy welded back on ? Its only a radiator after all ?
Unfortunately not, I did a proper job of it. Took
90 minutes to strip it all apart again this afternoon. Then spent a while cleaning things up in the wheel arches to make myself feel better.
Fonzey

Ooof that stings. I came extremely close to doing the exact same, I felt it going and just "caught it" with a bit more pressure on the "static" spanner.

They really are delicate, the whole system is really.
andyzim

Here you can see the broken indicator clip. Offside was like this already and the nearside one broke while removing it

Cut off the remains and filed back

Measured up to drill the hole and rivet the new clip on

Not too bad a job, in all it took probably less than 10 minutes per side.

New lamps and brackets fitted - after checking photos from some of your builds on here I've since found out the wiring routing on mine isn't right so I've redone it now.

I've stripped all the rad pack off the car again and while I'm waiting for the new (new) condenser I did a quick bit of cleaning of the chassis etc in the front.

Fonzey

Looking good Andy, I still need to do a bit of magic sponging on my chassis... tedious but quite satisfying.
andyzim

New New condenser arrived during the week, went out to the garage for the afternoon today and started putting everything back together for the second time.

I managed to get the ac lines connected up this time without damage, hopefully they are OK. I got the new drier in, that wasn't too bad. All the wiring loom is in place again, the oil lines connected back to the coolers etc.

I think the next step is to back fill the oil coolers until oil comes out the bleed nipple at the oil filter sandwich plate. That means getting the rear in the air and the undertray off.

Then I'll refill the coolant and fire up to bleed and check for leaks. Found a mobile ac guy who will hopefully be coming end of next week to test the system so need it all buttoned up by then.
lotuslee

No need to fill oil coolers just top up oil a little and start engine it self bleeds. Give the engine a warm up stop and check oil and top up if needed.
andyzim

I swear this car is trolling me right now. I was busy bleeding the coolant when I knocked off the front hose bleed screw from the perch I left it on. It fell into the front compartment and disappeared down a tiny hole to never be seen again underneath the hvac unit.

Good ideas to procure a replacement are welcomed while I go and kick something.