S2 NA + Mods

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
ExigeS2NA_Norway

Is there a update after the install Matt? 🙂
matt447

Still waiting on some results… I was plagued by a slight leak between the mating faces of the runners and the new plenum… I got so fed up (and accidentally gave myself carbon monoxide poising chasing the leak…) that I asked TrackGroup to try to sort it for me, which they’re currently doing, along with a number of other bits I wanted sorting…. Hopefully will hear from them soon… I’ll let you know if I discover anything! :)

I’m becoming increasingly sceptical about the high output numbers of NA 2ZZs across the world - unless I go for different pistons and increase the compression ratio, I’m basically reaching the end of the mod list, and despite that I’m at roughly 210bhp (before this intake mod) which is lower than some people who have just had a manifold and ECU… which is nuts! :/ Tested at the same place, tuned by the same guy… different days though…
Nicolas14

I am not sure, and I have not seen many stock or mildly modified 2ZZ NA engines getting much more than 210 bhp...this is already quite healthy ! There might be some further poneys to find with a fully adjustable ECU (e.g. motec) and the engine internal modification you mentioned above, bu what will you be getting from all of this...230bhp maybe...not much more...and the cost will be quite high.

Full blown NA engines with corsworth internals, etc... have been measured at around 245bhp in Australia or the US:

matt447

Just checking in with an update... Went to Donington with MSVTrackdays on Monday, had a great time! Car running really nicely and got lots of laps in, with some great weather! :thumbup:

Gratuitous photos incoming!

matt447

I do need some new pads all round now though... Which is a trickier decision than I imagined... I'm half tempted to go with CL RC6 just to see what they're like, but also tempted to try PF 11 on the front PF 08 on the rear? I just have no idea, but I do know I haven't enjoyed these Paid RS14 as much as normal (pad transfer)
ExigeS2NA_Norway

Nice pictures!

Any numbers after the install of the new intake?
pkw2704

like these threads, i hope to go s/c next month ,so will be interesting to see the before and after power runs, as mentioned RRR were telling me 215 bhp with full system and emu on my n/a. the pull of s/c was too strong so going over to the dark side,just need to sell my kidney to pay for it
matt447

ExigeS2NA_Norway wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:01 pm Nice pictures!

Any numbers after the install of the new intake?
I'm back on the OEM intake right now - I need some time to put the new intake on carefully... Last time, it had a slight leak and on part-throttle you could just hear a little hissing noise, and it was awkward to start, so clearly not right. I think it was because I reused the gasket from the Corolla manifold that joins the runners to the plenum.

So right now, I'm at 210bhp (according to RRR) with a large amount of mods, cams, valves, headwork, slightly increased compression ratio, full 2bular, EMU Black, Fidanza flywheel, etc. The car goes really well both on the low and high cam now, but I'm hoping to see a little extra power released when the new intake is fitted and mapped. It might turn into a job for the Autumn when work calms down? :crazy: