S2 NA + Mods

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
ade
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:40 am
Location: Essex

If you can and haven't already, do the oil pump gears, they are the first failure point when revving higher ;)
seriouslylotus
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 am
Contact:

ade wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 pm If you can and haven't already, do the oil pump gears, they are the first failure point when revving higher ;)
or save lots of money and mega hassle, have it supercharged.
User avatar
matt447
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm

seriouslylotus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:00 pm
ade wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 pm If you can and haven't already, do the oil pump gears, they are the first failure point when revving higher ;)
or save lots of money and mega hassle, have it supercharged.
You’re forgetting @jonnyfox ’s tag line though… NA rocks!

I like being different… and I love NA :)
seriouslylotus
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 am
Contact:

matt447 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:24 pm
seriouslylotus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:00 pm
ade wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 pm If you can and haven't already, do the oil pump gears, they are the first failure point when revving higher ;)
or save lots of money and mega hassle, have it supercharged.
You’re forgetting @jonnyfox ’s tag line though… NA rocks!

I like being different… and I love NA :)
I remember the end outcome for jonnyfox!!!!!
User avatar
matt447
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm

seriouslylotus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:15 pm I remember the end outcome for jonnyfox!!!!!
Yep, it’s a definite concern - but it’s not like an SC version is without random failures either. If everything goes pear-shaped down the road I’ll stick a K20 in it and call it quits, but in the meantime I’m excited by my NA creation, and I love the fact that it’s so rare ;)

Who could honestly watch the 220HP, Naturally Aspirated, 790KG Ti Racing Exige and not think it’s a thing of wonder!?!

User avatar
matt447
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Image

The engine is out!!!
(and they've already found lots of stuff wrong that is the result of the local Lotus Dealer's handiwork) :(
User avatar
Fonzey
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:17 am

matt447 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:40 am (and they've already found lots of stuff wrong that is the result of the local Lotus Dealer's handiwork) :(
Oooo do tell!

The accessibility of your alternator terminals right now makes me angry :lol:
User avatar
matt447
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Fonzey wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:56 am
matt447 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:40 am (and they've already found lots of stuff wrong that is the result of the local Lotus Dealer's handiwork) :(
Oooo do tell!

The accessibility of your alternator terminals right now makes me angry :lol:
LOL!! I did actually think "Should I ask them to put a new alternator on while it's in pieces?" :D

They had no prior knowledge of who had done what to my engine, but pointed out to me that the 'gearbox wasn't very tight on the engine' and the 'clutch not torqued up'. Both of these were done when the Fidanza flywheel was installed by the Lotus dealer and haven't been touched since. Pretty disappointing really, but at least it's been spotted before anything bad happened :(
User avatar
matt447
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm

I may have accidentally asked Track-Group to try to sort me out a KAAZ gear set and LSD while it's with them...
User avatar
Fonzey
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:17 am

Crikey lad, now we're talking!!
Post Reply