2004 Exige S2...

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
The Hornet

Fonzey wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:29 pm Great news, fingers crossed we're heading forwards now :thumbup:
Yes mate - indeed - I bloody hope so !
thommo

The Hornet wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:33 pm
Fonzey wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:29 pm Great news, fingers crossed we're heading forwards now :thumbup:
Yes mate - indeed - I bloody hope so !
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Exige S1 No: 139
The Hornet

So new engine is run in (on dyno) and car back together - a few niggles with the EMU and the aircon. - but quickly sorted. Car went on dyno for mapping - was over boosting... Seems my CAT is knackered.

I have an early 2bular manifold and sportscat, which has a Flexi section. The latest sportscat does not have this, so Jim made me up a new cat, and a 'donut' connector to give some flex. As has always been the case for me, Jim turned this around quickly.

H111 due to fit the new Cat today - but wanted to know if I was happy without the Flexi section - which as far as I know is the same for oem and larini and others (i.e. no Flexi) - I think they were concerned as I have the engine mount inserts.

Can I solicit any other owners who have aftermarket manifolds and cats and also engine mount inserts that this has not caused them any issues ?
matt447

2bular full system including non-flexi sport cat on mine, yellow bushes front and rear of engine - no problems at all... yet ;)
Fonzey

No flexi on mine either, and the OE system has no flexi either...
The Hornet

Its Back !

Update later - but picked up car this morning..... feels good so far
Fonzey

Excellent news, looking forward to a proper update :)
The Hornet

ok.. so picked up car on Thursday from Hangar 111 - its been a while, but they fitted me in between other jobs as Toyota did not cover labour on the new engine warranty. Headline figures - 298hp and 199 lbs/ft - more than I was expecting - but of course its a rolling road, you never know how accurate - but - it now goes like a stabbed rat - the torque hole in the standard and even Komotec maps using the T4 ecu are gone.

When I got home, I took my son out in it, we happened across an Evora 410 on some country roads - we kept up, under acceleration too :D

The EMU also now catches any potential stall upon dipping the clutch, well known on here on manual throttle cars especially. I haven't yet connected to usb to look at the ECU - although I won't play with it, as it feels good to me. I may need another 'map' for MOT, but not sure yet..

Overall, happy with car now its back :)
thommo

Great news!
Exige S1 No: 139