Lee's Exige

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
lotuslee

Lavazza wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:14 pm Super job Lee. I look forward to seeing it.

Are you taking it to Anglesey?
Thank Mark, not sure all depends on lockdown and getting some local miles on to makes sure there are no teething troubles.
thommo

Staggering amount of work done in a fairly short time. Congrats!
Exige S1 No: 139
MrP80

Looking like excellent progress, great to see it all coming together!
tim_marra

Nice attention to detail there Lee :thumbup:
lotuslee

One job i was looking forward too was the camber settings set up. I have gut a Gunson camber guage and digital measurement tool.
Running std ride height and yet to be tracked but static set up with string and a metal ruler.
Closest i can get is
Front DS -0.7° lotus rec 0.0°
Front PS -0.3 ° lotus rec 0.0°
Rear DS -1.9° lotus rec -1.8°
Rear PS -2.0° lotus rec -1.8°

Not sure i can get it any closer to the recomended settings but and advice welcomed.
lotuslee

Got the interior back in, and very happy with what the trimmer has done, i feel it brings it right up to todays spec but kind of keeping it standard. The mats not quite ready but they are something rather special 😉
Fitted my custom made D wheel too which makes getting in and out so much easier but yet keeping it std and of course using the airbag

While messing around I accidentally stumbled on a way to have the dipped beam lights on all the time without the rest of the lights. I pretty much have my lights on when driving for better visability so will keep them like this for now. For anyone wanting to do this its the green wire that comes out of the instrument pack that needs plugged in.

All done and awaiting the 27th March for full PPF treatment, i will keep the Elise wheels on for now as it will be trailered to the PPF company and dont want to risk damaging my cup wheels Mr Marra would kill me 🤣🤣🤣

Got its older brother back from dry storage i re built over the first lockdown too. The owner has sold it so its going to a new home in Wales 😪

andybond
Site Admin

Looks tidy that Lee. The interior is fantastic!
Fonzey

Nice work Lee, nearly there!

For the Geo stuff:
lotuslee wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:35 pm One job i was looking forward too was the camber settings set up. I have gut a Gunson camber guage and digital measurement tool.
Running std ride height and yet to be tracked but static set up with string and a metal ruler.
Closest i can get is
Front DS -0.7° lotus rec 0.0°
Front PS -0.3 ° lotus rec 0.0°
Rear DS -1.9° lotus rec -1.8°
Rear PS -2.0° lotus rec -1.8°

Not sure i can get it any closer to the recomended settings but and advice welcomed.
What are you aiming for and how many shims did you have in to achieve the above?

-0.3 is more like where you should be aiming for the front rather than 0.0 (https://wiki.seloc.org/a/Geo_Setups). I'd say you're not far away at all, but I'd get the toe settings sorted before spending much more time on it as that will have an impact too.

My front camber is more like -0.8 and rear -2.5 which is maybe on the extreme end of a road setup, but still within acceptable boundaries so doesn't tramline anywhere and tyre wear isn't too bad.
thommo

Great progress, Lee. Can’t be too long before we have a northern meet. Fish and chips at Shap must be favourite
Exige S1 No: 139
lotuslee

thommo wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:41 pm Great progress, Lee. Can’t be too long before we have a northern meet. Fish and chips at Shap must be favourite
Fish and Chip run would be great Thommo, will have the ppf on by then so i wont hold you up again 🤣🤣