My ElisEleven project....

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey

I don't know what Xylan is, but it looks bloody nice :lol:
seriouslylotus

Fonzey wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:26 am I don't know what Xylan is, but it looks bloody nice :lol:
Xylan is a fluoropolymer based coating that can be applied to a wide range of components. Xylan coatings typically contain PTFE and offer improved wear resistance, reduced friction, heat resistance and corrosion resistance. There are a range of coatings with different specific properties that are designed to be used for different applications. (Not my words as you can probably tell :crazy: :crazy: )

And from another supplier

The Xylan anti corrosion coating belongs to the same family as other low friction coatings but exhibits enhanced corrosion resistant properties. The coating forms a surface matrix that bonds to the substrate. It provides a hard lower surface whilst retaining a corrosion resistance coating of a binder matrix combined with fluoropolymers. This combination produces a most durable finish.
Properties
Temperature range of -195°C to + 260°C depending on specific application
Colours – available in a range of colours
Resistance to abrasion – Good Typical coating thickness 20µm
Suitable for coating onto metallic components, fabrications and castings where corrosive environments are present.
Fonzey

seriouslylotus wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:30 am
Fonzey wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:26 am I don't know what Xylan is, but it looks bloody nice :lol:
Xylan is a fluoropolymer based coating that can be applied to a wide range of components. Xylan coatings typically contain PTFE and offer improved wear resistance, reduced friction, heat resistance and corrosion resistance. There are a range of coatings with different specific properties that are designed to be used for different applications. (Not my words as you can probably tell :crazy: :crazy: )
Sounds fancy! I have heard of it before for various car metalwork restorations, looks great in the photos - that's what mainly counts. :thumbup:

I got to have a good poke around the ElisEleven last week, trying not to blow too much smoke up Dave's arse but it really is a well finished car with some trick bits on it that I didn't realise it had (I must re-read this thread again properly). Look forward to getting out and sharing some racetrack with this car, hopefully sometime soon.
seriouslylotus

Fonzey wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:33 am
seriouslylotus wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:30 am
Sounds fancy! I have heard of it before for various car metalwork restorations, looks great in the photos - that's what mainly counts. :thumbup:

I got to have a good poke around the ElisEleven last week, trying not to blow too much smoke up Dave's arse but it really is a well finished car with some trick bits on it that I didn't realise it had (I must re-read this thread again properly). Look forward to getting out and sharing some racetrack with this car, hopefully sometime soon.
Thanks Kyle....
I also have a few other parts incoming........S300 kit from Komo-tec, as the car already has the Pro-alloy charge cooler (That Komo-tec approve of) The upgrade shouldn't be to expensive after I sell the Lotus 270 kit that will be removed