Exige S2 with added supercharger

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Leave it with me ...
Fonzey
Reactions:

@andybond how is the arch liner at the direct 12 o'clock position in your car? I whipped my wheel off last night for a post Peak District inspection and I've been scuffing the roofing tape - so I'm not completely in the clear yet.

I'm beginning to think my archliner is simply not sitting right, probably due to pressure from the CC hoses. The bulge that hides the head lamp cluster is well known as being sacrificial, so I could live with scuffing that up - but the fact I'm eating the very top of the arch liner too makes me think something isn't lined up right.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I would concur - something doesnt sound right there.

The metal plate at the top of the arch liner sits behind the top liner, a gentle wiggle and everything lines up. One metal screw on the top right of the front liner and two plastic screws towards the bottom hold it in firmly and away from any wheel/arch interference.

I dont think I have any pictures but could get one?
Fonzey
Reactions:

Yep all of the fixings line up and are in place for mine - I replaced the metal screw with a rivnut and bolt recently just to make it a bit more secure, but there's certainly something not right.

What tyres are you running? I wonder if the ZZR has a 'squarer' profile which may be contributing.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I have on mine AD08R.

You 100% seemed to have more wear than me on your liners..
Fonzey
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am
I have on mine AD08R.

You 100% seemed to have more wear than me on your liners..
Maybe the tyres are adding a millilitre here and there but can't imagine it's significant.

I think once you do a trackday in yours we can probably make a fairer comparison, there was no audible evidence of my wheels scrubbing on my drive out at the weekend but there are witness marks which suggest otherwise. On track it was horrific, sounded like slaughter!
ade
Reactions:

Fonzey wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:58 am
@andybond how is the arch liner at the direct 12 o'clock position in your car? I whipped my wheel off last night for a post Peak District inspection and I've been scuffing the roofing tape - so I'm not completely in the clear yet.

I'm beginning to think my archliner is simply not sitting right, probably due to pressure from the CC hoses. The bulge that hides the head lamp cluster is well known as being sacrificial, so I could live with scuffing that up - but the fact I'm eating the very top of the arch liner too makes me think something isn't lined up right.
Both my arch liners had "disappeared" at the 12 o'clock position as well as behind the headlights. My car was running a lot lower though,
Also my charge cooler pipers were routed in a similar way, I don't think you will ever stop them wearing once the car is lowered unless you up the string and roll bar rates.
I'm really not sure what issues it can cause by them not being there? I never bothered to repair them after replacing them once and wearing them through on one trackday.
Fonzey
Reactions:

ade wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:36 am
I'm really not sure what issues it can cause by them not being there? I never bothered to repair them after replacing them once and wearing them through on one trackday.
No issues really, at Blyton I was being overly cautious because for all I knew the sounds I could hear were chewing away at my oil cooler lines, charge cooler lines or AC plumbing - all had been disturbed/slightly rerouted over Winter so I had to be sure. Now that I know the wear patterns are miles away from that danger zone, I could drive with more confidence despite the scuffing.

Aside from that, it's just dirt/water ingress into the inner wing which I could do without. I'm happy to keep patching mine with the roofing tape now after each trackday if needed - but we'll see if I cause enough damage to burn through on my next track day. I guess eventually it will wear back to the point I have enough clearance anyway!
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I am anticipating my oil leak as a failed / dislodged O ring. Do any of you use a RTV like hylomar or anything to seal it in anticipation of it happening again?
Where do you get your spare O rings from?
Fonzey
Reactions:

andybond wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:52 pm
I am anticipating my oil leak as a failed / dislodged O ring. Do any of you use a RTV like hylomar or anything to seal it in anticipation of it happening again?
Where do you get your spare O rings from?
I've got hundreds of o-rings of various sizes, most of them from Amazon Prime variety packs. Welcome to have a rifle through them if you want, but they tend to be pennies to pick up - always come in handy for something (such as Nitrons :lol: )