Exige S2 with added supercharger

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Dunc

Glad you had a great day Andy!

It’s interesting to hear your thoughts on these tyres, gives us all more informantion when it’s our time to change to new set of tyres.

Other than just more grip, did they go off as quick?

Do they have grip in the wet too?
Fonzey

andybond wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:19 pm The new a052 are freakishly grippy. Whilst I appreciate I was running used AD08R these gripped where I had no right to grip. Follow a McLaren 650 round the track? Yep. Faster than them in the twisties? Yep ..
Excellent news on the A052. I've not heard a bad word said about them yet, any notable wear on them from a single trackday? That seems to be the only downside.

I think we need a group buy on some reproduction arch liners...
andybond
Site Admin

There is certainly some wear on them but nothing of major note.
matt447

andybond wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:55 am There is certainly some wear on them but nothing of major note.
FWIW, my mate has a Cup 250 with these tyres (which is why I got them in the first place) and has done 5 track days so far (Donington and Cadwell) on the same set of tyres - they still look like they have a couple of track days left, and he's driving quickly around the track...

I'd be VERY interested in a group buy of repro. arch liners - especially if we could get some made with a different shape that takes into account the area that always wears through, lol! :thumbup:
Fonzey

Perhaps if we made some arch liners out of A052 rubber we could create a tyre that tops itself up under braking.
matt447

Fonzey wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:35 am Perhaps if we made some arch liners out of A052 rubber we could create a tyre that tops itself up under braking.
Hahaha! :clap:
andybond
Site Admin

I knew yesterday that I was wearing into my arch liners. Confirmed it tonight and repaired with the tried and tested roofing stuff from bostick

Now I have been considering uprating my front ARB. However I noted that his one has 4 holes. Surely an aftermarket item?

@Fonzey found this online. Could it be one and the same?
andybond
Site Admin

Few pro photos from the Jav photographer . Rest of images are here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzF387

thommo

Sounds like a great outing. Super pics
Exige S1 No: 139
andybond
Site Admin

Avid readers of this thread may recall that I had noted that my droplinks were on position 4 of 5

Not any more!

I ordered my droplinks from SeriouslyLotus late on a weekday and had them on my desk next day. Really cannot complain about the service from SL.

I has set aside this afternoon for the fitting of the new drop links.

I had prepared the liberator ( hammer ) , and liberators friend ( angle grinder ) for the job. They were needed. Near side lower link undid but then stuck, fast. Even with the inner part clamp solid I couldn’t undo the nut.

Cue angle grinder. Then hammer to push out the old drop link thread.

Top one undid pretty easily.

Opposite on the offside.

Couple of hours later , 2 cups of tea and 4 custard cremes and the job was done

More shiny bits on the rusty bits. I’ll get the other parts sorted when I feel it’s required. I’ll replace all bearings, bushes at the same time.

Spring rate pic for my archive. Front.

I have been out on a 20mi jaunt cross country. Quite possibly placebo but the front end feels to corner flatter, and feel stiffer. Needs track really though to say for sure.