Exige S2 with added supercharger

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey

Great stuff, was that one of Frank Hall's charity days? Used to do a few of those with my Subaru, good times 8-)
andybond
Site Admin

Yes, yes it was 👍
Fonzey

He still got that knackered old Mercedes thing?

Pics look ace, definitely looks like you're "on it".
andybond wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:17 pm The car went well, really well. I do not know how to go faster now so I need some tuition. The car felt so right @ Blyton in the dry.
Tuition never goes amiss, but tyres probably your next logical upgrade. Pretty easy way to bolt on a second or two I'd have thought!
andybond
Site Admin

Yep! Frank’s red Mercedes tank!

Tyres are a good shout.
andybond
Site Admin

The problem I have at the minute is that unless in the wet I am struggling to feel where my car starts to slide and spin. I can catch some but not always feel it.
Fonzey

andybond wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:20 am The problem I have at the minute is that unless in the wet I am struggling to feel where my car starts to slide and spin. I can catch some but not always feel it.
I've just bought myself a set of AD08RS for any future 'monsoon days' that we may get. I'm guilty of never actually trying a 'road' tyre on an Elise platformed car before... both of mine have been on ZZR's pretty much exclusively so I may use the AD08's on at least one dry day somewhere just to see how the car feels, to see if the threshold of grip comes down enough that I can actually have some fun!

The ZZR's aren't particularly scary though, I've never had the car just come out from under me with no warning.
andybond
Site Admin

I have only had the car come out under me when
1) poor geo ( now corrected )
2) rears too hot and me mashing the throttle
3) in the pouring rain @ Anglesey

I want to be able to catch the slide, not spin. I could in my c63, but everything is a million times faster ( shorter wheel base ) in the exige
matt447

Fonzey wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:04 am I've just bought myself a set of AD08RS for any future 'monsoon days' that we may get. I'm guilty of never actually trying a 'road' tyre on an Elise platformed car before... both of mine have been on ZZR's pretty much exclusively so I may use the AD08's on at least one dry day somewhere just to see how the car feels, to see if the threshold of grip comes down enough that I can actually have some fun!
I've got AD08RS as my wet-weather tyres, used them once at a dry Donington and it turns out they're really good - for about 4 or 5 laps, then they got very 'squirmy'. You've got more power, and an LSD, so you may be able to play with them a bit as the grip threshold lowers. I found them an exceedingly good tyre when all's said and done - but the R888R is a damn site grippier and consistent in the dry, but in the wet they're obviously much more frisky
The Hornet

ad08r's or ad08rs matt?
matt447

AD08R on the front, AD08RS on the rear - it was all I could get at the time…