Exige S2 with added supercharger

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
andybond
Site Admin

Failed today. Fuel pump failed on dyno. FML.

Must clarify that I am not jumping the gun here ; It could be the wiring to the pump and not actually the pump. This will be cleared up in due course. All I can say at the mo is the pump isnt working.
johnfishcurtis

Fuel pump died?
andybond
Site Admin

Yep! Deader than a dead thing that’s dead. Going to check everything and pull it out if needed.
johnfishcurtis

Not a fuse (obv you did check this).

At least it died there, not on route to a track day or hammering down an epic B road.
andybond
Site Admin

100% not a fuse mate

It’s either wiring to the pump, or the pump itself. Either way , we will find the cause.

You read my mind on it not failing anywhere but the dyno..
lotuslee

Andy not a huge issue to fix, if your fitting it yourself give me a call if you need a hand 👍
andybond
Site Admin

I have left it at RSTuning mate but I appreciate the offer Lee!
andybond
Site Admin

We appear to be back in the game.

The MRFU was causing funnies. Specky @RStuning was looking at fuel pump voltages and it was " all over " and then sometimes not enough to even switch the relay on for the fuel pump.

Some brief investigation followed and we worked out its the MRFU thats at fault. Look at the symptoms ;

Fuel pump mostly failing
Lambda sensor not reporting correctly

Two of the three things the MRFU is responsible for ..

Investigation has led to corrosion and decidedly second hand wiring in that neck of the woods and its been tidied up ( for now ) to get it running, mapped , circuit ready for BH Monday @ Anglesey. Ill do the usual throw some cash at the issue over winter to properly inspect everything.

I also suspect as the fuel pump voltage was all over it might explain the drop in power initially.

Roll on the mapping!

Big thanks to Spitfire ( Gaz ) for being super fast at replying and offering to swap my pump out whenever needed.
Type116

those bloody MFRU's! they are a nightmare!

glad its fixed! fingers crossed for a nice result.
andybond
Site Admin

Tbh Chris I am not looking for bonkers power. Just something useable. Any more than I have had is a bonus.