Exige S2 with added supercharger

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Fonzey

matt447 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:43 am
Fonzey wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:04 am I've just bought myself a set of AD08RS for any future 'monsoon days' that we may get. I'm guilty of never actually trying a 'road' tyre on an Elise platformed car before... both of mine have been on ZZR's pretty much exclusively so I may use the AD08's on at least one dry day somewhere just to see how the car feels, to see if the threshold of grip comes down enough that I can actually have some fun!
I've got AD08RS as my wet-weather tyres, used them once at a dry Donington and it turns out they're really good - for about 4 or 5 laps, then they got very 'squirmy'. You've got more power, and an LSD, so you may be able to play with them a bit as the grip threshold lowers. I found them an exceedingly good tyre when all's said and done - but the R888R is a damn site grippier and consistent in the dry, but in the wet they're obviously much more frisky
I think that account probably adds up with what Andy has experienced. Where the AD08's start "going off" on a session, something like a ZZR or R888 just hold their ground so a generally going to be more consistent over a session. Looking forward to trying my AD08's really, first time running a different tyre, always like an opportunity to experiment.
andybond
Site Admin

Exactly.

You have to really drop the pressures. Testing at blyton told me ;

24f/26r COLD
3 laps resulted in
30f/32r HOT

I dropped that to 24r/22f HOT and it was fine all day doing 7-12 laps per stint.
andybond
Site Admin

IACV gasket acquired. I’ll see if I can find an hour or so over the weekend to clean the IACV.

I must look into getting the MFRU sorted as well

andybond
Site Admin

Everything is clean and working well.

I might have trapped the IACV wire at some point but hopefully you can all gloss over that and concede that its now working as it should

Result.
ade

andybond wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:22 pm Everything is clean and working well.

I might have trapped the IACV wire at some point but hopefully you can all gloss over that and concede that its now working as it should

Result.
Nothing to see here, move right along ;)
matt447

ade wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:23 am
andybond wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:22 pm Everything is clean and working well.

Result.
Nothing to see here, move right along ;)
Hahaha! :lolno: