Exige S2 with added supercharger

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
andybond
Site Admin

Car is back home.

Nothing at all really to report power wise after the parts were fitted. Power was roughly the same ( taking in atmospherics / temps etc ) and its gone from narrowband to wideband.

My arse dyno cannot tell the difference other than the car appears to be smoother. This could of course be down to a questionable connection to the MFRU.

An anticipation of the weather at Anglesey over the BH I requested to have a periscope fitted.

This was unfortunately denied
thommo

andybond wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:22 pm
An anticipation of the weather at Anglesey over the BH I requested to have a periscope fitted.

This was unfortunately denied
:lol:
Exige S1 No: 139
andybond
Site Admin

I am just back from a rather exhausting trackday at Anglesey.

I set off Sunday afternoon on a 180mi pilgrimage and stopped over at a travelodge that appeared to have a rhino pacing the floor above me for half the night. The weather was fine going down , and traffic free flowing.

I met up with a friendly bunch of lotus enthusiasts for a bit to eat and some banter on the Sunday evening. I am not sure they are of this parish though

Early ( for me ) alarm was set and flung open the curtains at room 10 to be greeted by the predicted rain.

I arrived at circuit having already done the covid briefing online. The wind was picking up at this point.

Then it started raining heavily. Then the wind hit an indicated 45mph.

First session out on track at 0930 was a 3 lap sighting lap followed by a return into the pit lane and a 30 minute sessions. There were two groups to keep covid compliant to 30mins per hour. Perfect.

The rain had now really saturated the circuit and the wind was buffeting the car around.

I loved it. Every last minute. I learn so much about the platform, and its characteristics. I did 86mi on track or 43laps in 1.5h. The circuit shut for 2 hours due to the rain and wind and I called it a day then. I had already gotten out of the day what I wanted and I didnt want one last run. At this point I had spun once into the infield fortunately not damaging anything so I didnt want to push my luck.

Only one thing broke - the horn. It no longer honks. Investigations shall need to work out if its the button, the actual honker or something inbetween.

Some images of mine and the good ones arent taken by me.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thommo

Good summary and pics there, Andy.
Fonzey

Cracking writeup, nice to catch up again Andy - hopefully for the next one we can be sunbathing between sessions instead of dying to exposure.
andybond
Site Admin

I have fixed the horn! I have honks!

Big thanks to Dave @seriouslylotus for the pointers.

I have done a post track inspection and there was negligible oil use , tyres are still there and pads are sound.

Roll on 11 MAY at Blyton where sunny intervals in the AM and light rain in the PM is predicted!
thommo

:thumbup:
andybond
Site Admin

Another week another trackday. Nightmare right?

This time at Blyton with a very nice man called Paul, who owns Diamond-Performance.co.uk

The weather was fantastic , maybe 15 or 16 degrees. Enough to gently burn this northern head that is somewhat devoid of a covering.

The car went well, really well. I do not know how to go faster now so I need some tuition. The car felt so right @ Blyton in the dry.

The typical 3 laps sighting occurred then some photos were taken

Fat lad needs to get in a small car

Tyre checking. Yep its there

Prayer to the reliability gods.

An idea of the other metal that was there ..

end of Part1
andybond
Site Admin

Some track action shots now of an exige , in silver. I am sure you have never seen a silver exige before ..

andybond
Site Admin

This is the full photostream : https://www.flickr.com/photos/frankhall/