Exige S1 project by Klaus

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)

Re: Exige S1 project by Klaus

Post by 6970K » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Our grandson wants to go into the garage as soon as he gets here and there can be tears when trying to get him out.

Your Exige looks great Klaus :clap:

ImageIMG_3373 by S B

trackrod

Post by trackrod » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 pm

6970K wrote:Our grandson wants to go into the garage as soon as he gets here and there can be tears when trying to get him out.

Great shot, he looks really seriously involved :thumbup:

Benja

Post by Benja » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Love it :thumbup:

My eldest is the same,...weird ain't it!

The Cable Guy

Post by The Cable Guy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:23 pm

mine is the same, "daddy is your lotus quicker than that car"

"well jack, techincally yes, but not while its still in a thousand peices"

"ohhhh"

trackrod

Post by trackrod » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:04 pm

The car has finally seen the road again!
Using a short term registration I was able to do my first test drive in the car.
To my surprise things worked surprisingly well. The rescue team (my wife and my eldest son) following me in our VW Transporter equipped with a full mobile workshop was not needed at the end. At least the car did not break down by loosing all its coolant or setting itself on fire.

Driving my car for the first time felt great. The gear change is slick, the suspension is surprisingly forgiving and no Yikes to hear at all from the LSS Koni dampers. Very smooth.
The car came equipped with a yellow Titan quick rack and I'm very pleased how much the steering feel is improved by this rack. A lot better than in my Elise with standard ratio rack. The steering wheel is centred dead straight which is always the prove that a suspension set-up has at least set the thrust line properly (rear axle points along the centreline of the car).

The car is equipped with a fat 2bular exhaust plus catalytic converter and as a result the exhaust note is very modest which I like. I bought a Janspeed SuperSport from Marten just in case I need some more noise one day :-). And then there is the sound of the idling VHPD engine. I could listen to it for ever.

Next step before being able to register the car was to pass a technical examination at the TÜV (something like MOT). I can tell that the car has already passed it but it was tricky.

jonnyfox

Post by jonnyfox » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Absolutely brilliant Klaus, that's a great effort mate well done.

winthattt

Post by winthattt » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Klaus,

You need an important modification, some sticky tape over the holes in front of the pedals and the same on the passenger side, otherwise you will have cold toes in winter. I used deck tape from a skateboard and put some on the accelerator pedal as well, nice and grippy and looks like it is supposed to be there.

Look great. Enjoy it.

Keith

trackrod

Post by trackrod » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi Keith,

if you mean the holes that are shown in the picture below I've already closed them. I cut some black ABS plastic to size and riveted it in place from the outside. I think I sealed it too.

By the way, I still have some problems with the connections of the IACV hoses to the manifold on its underside. I used some M14 screw in hose connector but on the left side there is so little space between the manifold and the two coolant return pipes. I managed to get the hose on to the connector but it is not ideal.

Does anyone have a picture that shows how the hose is connected to the manifold? Does it run between the big and the small coolant return pipe?

thommo

Post by thommo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Great work. It looks fabulous.

SeanB

Post by SeanB » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Nice job matey. Great looking car!