Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
fandango

Re: Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

Post by fandango » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:11 pm

JDS wrote:Looking good. But don't let Johnfox see the telly!!
With the windows fogged due to the conditions it was the only way of seeing anything behind and with some systems less than £100 these days it's a no brainer for me!

jonnyfox

Post by jonnyfox » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:16 pm

I love the telly! :mrgreen:

fandango

Post by fandango » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 pm

jonnyfox wrote:I love the telly! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Benja

Post by Benja » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:50 pm

fandango wrote:
jonnyfox wrote:I love the telly! :mrgreen:
From the archive : here's Jonny's dash :grin:

ade

Post by ade » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:15 pm

Much better place for it than at Donny, good to see you had another good day :)

<@¿@>

Post by <@¿@> » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:41 am

There is a lot of chatting to sift through in this post...and I'm real late for the party...how did the Bosch Motor Sport ABS install go? Any advice you can give about the conversion/install?
There is nothing "gay" about being a homosexual.
Andy Rooney

Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

fandango

Post by fandango » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:03 am

<@¿@> wrote:There is a lot of chatting to sift through in this post...and I'm real late for the party...how did the Bosch Motor Sport ABS install go? Any advice you can give about the conversion/install?
I blame Ben for the chatting :mrgreen:
The ABS system install was done by a race team who had previous experience of installing the system albeit the porsche cup variant which is somewhat more plug and play. I suspect it would be something right up your street to be honest, you need to give them a few measurements and data before they send you the kit as well as utilising some form of ABS ring for your speed sensors in our case we designed our own (see page 20). The kits are sold by Bosch retailers so probably best to give your local one a call but its very much a collaboration between them and you.
We had a few problems, the yaw sensor didn't arrive with the kit and the brake lines were the wrong size which points towards the fact that each kit bar the porsche specific one is tailor made.
As to the bit i know more about which is using it, i find its either very low or high i.e. wet or dry. You can feel it kick in but because of the reliability issues we've had we really only got to concentrate on it last Friday for the first time, changing settings after a couple of laps and seeing what worked. Once i can give more feedback i will including some video footage if possible.
Last edited by fandango on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benja

Post by Benja » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:06 am

<@¿@> wrote:There is a lot of chatting to sift through in this post...
Yup it's great isn't it :grin: the classic meandering build thread charting the trials and tribulations of what is a unique and interesting car...with Bosch ABS.

fandango

Post by fandango » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:16 am

Benja wrote:
<@¿@> wrote:There is a lot of chatting to sift through in this post...
Yup it's great isn't it :grin: the classic meandering build thread charting the trials and tribulations of what is a unique and interesting car...with Bosch ABS.

The truth of the matter is without a lot of guys on this forum, and they know who they are, i wouldn't be driving such a wonderful car. They have advised or encouraged at key times and now you can see the result, the chatter may not offer a solution to your problem but it might give you the strength to find it :D

PS Just to be clear though-i think your Ace!
I love characters, people who shake things up a bit. I know i'm a bit mad and have to try and hide that fact everyday, its just good to see someone else with the same problem! :D

https://youtu.be/TVk4nh-hBKY

jonnyfox

Post by jonnyfox » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:38 pm

Hey don't knock it till you've tried it, worked a treat :D