BACON's honda elise/exige

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
stevegreen

Looks great - did the roof and engine cover come from Lotus?
BACON

The roof and engine cover are both genuine lotus items but I bought them secondhand. Engine cover was on eBay and the roof came all the way from France, advertised on pistonheads.
BACON

New steering wheel and quick release.

Because it's a 3 hole wheel I had to get a weld on spline, I was going to have it welded straight on the column but that seemed a bit permanent! So I had a boss made up, also gets rid of the bulky spacer.
Muu

oh that's pretty cool!

That material is from one of Dave Lee Travis' velvet jackets
Graeme
BACON

I'm not old enough to know that :p
BACON

Right, time for bit of an update as I've finally started bolting stuff back on to the car rather than taking it off.

So I wanted to get some of the eliseparts gt race uprights. I was sold on the idea at the exiges.com Anglesey trackday where I tried and failed miserably to keep up with DaveP. His car just flew round corners at speeds that mine just wasn't able to grip at. I realise this could be down to the driver too :oops:

Anyway, a throw away remark to a seller who was selling elise bits on ebay led to me buying these

Sold to me as elise parts gt race uprights I realised after a bit of measuring they were not the "standard" items. They were made as a one off by elise parts for Adrian Neweys Red Bull exige race car, which was running 17" front and 18" rear wheels and huge discs. I'm hoping to have the caliper mounting face machined so I can use a more suitable size, 308mm all round. The rear will take the front 2 pots and I'll be putting some ap pro5000+ 4 pots on the front. I'm also hoping to have a handbrake spot caliper mounted, as I still want to use the car occasionally on the road.

So the car was stripped of wishbones which have been zinc plated

Bling!

Then powder coated black (not so bling) and fitted with new ball joints and elise-shop bearings

Gave the coilovers a good clean with wd40. Wishbones fitted with new bolts and washers from elise-shop. The springs and anti roll bar really letting it down!

Other parts I have collected, new skf bearing packs, 4 pot Goodrich brake lines, elise parts alloy plinths, seriously lotus wheel studs and bells, ap racing bolts...

next up the elise parts steering arms and bump steer kit.

Front end going together, still needs to have the caliper mounting face machining down.

Just had time to put a scabby civic wheel..

tad low methinks. I'll adjust and play with ride heights when the time comes.

Still need to get some driveshafts the front calipers and a set of wheels and a few more bits and bobs. really hoping its not going to be to much longer though.
jonnyfox

Looking good :thumbup:
R300
Benja

Looking good bud - did you miss out on an Anglesey space or do you not reckon you'd be ready?
BACON

Cheers:)

Yeah i didn't think I'd be ready so I'm going to miss it this year:( had such a good time last year, really jealous of you all.