Exige S2 with added supercharger

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
evo_ufo

Re: Exige S2 with added supercharger

Post by evo_ufo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:28 am

Doesn’t sound good. Get well soon.

andybond

Post by andybond » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:24 am

Whooooooooooo 2 weeks since my op. I now have a great scar and hope to collect my car soon.
No idea when though.

Its going to need a full alignment as well, so I am going to take it to Dan at HPE as I want to talk about the setup I want. Last time on track it had all the front end grip and some that I wanted but the back end was a little unsettled. It was really unsettled under braking as well. I hope to get a progressive breakaway so I can feel the grip rather than have it stick and spit me off track which it did once in the most spectacular 180 spin and recovery that I have ever done .. )

ade

Post by ade » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 am

andybond wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:24 am
Whooooooooooo 2 weeks since my op. I now have a great scar and hope to collect my car soon.
No idea when though.

Its going to need a full alignment as well, so I am going to take it to Dan at HPE as I want to talk about the setup I want. Last time on track it had all the front end grip and some that I wanted but the back end was a little unsettled. It was really unsettled under braking as well. I hope to get a progressive breakaway so I can feel the grip rather than have it stick and spit me off track which it did once in the most spectacular 180 spin and recovery that I have ever done .. )
If the rear toe is not correct or if there is play in the toe links, it can have exactly this effect, do you have a decent toe link kit fitted? I think the NA cars didn't have a double sheer setup from factory.

andybond

Post by andybond » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:59 am

I have the rather good spitfire toe links fitted.

I have had my nitrons rebuilt after I found the right rear weeping after the trackday where it was wiggling.

Fonzey

Post by Fonzey » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:04 am

I had big issues with rear end stability on mine when I bought it this time last year. I was confused because my "setup" was identical to that of my previous S2 Elise. Same size/type of tyres, same toe-links and same geo settings. Very pointy front end, but very low confidence under braking and on turn-in with the rear.

I eventually sorted it with just replacing the ZZR tyres like for like. The tread was OK-ish on my old ones, but I found the date stamps on them put them at being VERY old! Got some part-worn ones just to rule them out which are only a couple of summers old, and the car was transformed.

andybond

Post by andybond » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:34 am

These were spanking new ( well <500mi ) tyres well in date.

Its all kind of moot now as Nitron have sent back my shocks with the settings for height all over the shop.

seriouslylotus

Post by seriouslylotus » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:29 pm

andybond wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:34 am
These were spanking new ( well <500mi ) tyres well in date.

Its all kind of moot now as Nitron have sent back my shocks with the settings for height all over the shop.
You didnt record all the info before you sent them away??

andybond

Post by andybond » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Er.

No.

Learnt that lesson now 🙈🙈🙈

Tbh I was going to get the geo and everything redone as I had changed out the rear drop links to spitfire ones anyway..