Raising the exiges.com level

for any non Lotus car talk or projects.
Fonzey

winthattt wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:26 pm On that idea, I believe you can rent the Curborough sprint circuit for very modest amounts.
That would be pretty cool. :thumbup:
tim_marra

When you took over Andy I did consider suggesting becoming affiliated with another group, ideally TLF. I've no idea if Bibs would be up for this but as a forum intended solely for a car that is soon to be out of production the risk is that exiges.com dwindles further.

I am a long term member but no longer have an Exige (Evora now). I would have attended the trackday as a spectator had the covid regs allowed but sadly not.

Has the FB page helped? I rarely see anything posted there and I was concerned it would deflect posting on here when it first started. Maybe its time to have a chat with Bibs?
andybond
Site Admin

I can open some dialogue , no problem.

The exiges.com FB does generate some traffic. It certainly doesn’t appear to detract from here. I think FB algorithms don’t help show our “stories” on FB.

I don’t post all that frequently on there - just enough to try and keep people engaged.
Fonzey

What would we look to gain from collaboration with another forum? That's not a passive aggressive question btw, just trying to see how it would play out.

I can't see another Lotus themed forum generating any traffic to this one, but I don't know much about TLF community, if they have meets/trackdays/etc that we can tag along to - then that would make sense to me.

The regional groups are worth integrating with too if possible, NYLOC, MLOC, NORLOG etc all have pretty active communities as far as I'm aware - but probably all 'struggling' compared to their glory days - so getting these like minded clubs together for semi-exclusive events has got to be the way forward.
Rob999

Selfishly I’ve always liked how Exiges felt different to all the other forums out there, a close knit community.

Moving forwards, I think tying up with another forum for track days would be a good move.

As far as meetings I’m more than happy to assist where possible. I know ‘we’ as a community have been relatively spread out across the country and meets were centred around track days.

I’m happy to push the Instagram side of things a bit more too….
MrP80

I'd really question why you would link up with TLF, and thats meant in the nicest possible way. they have a reasonable s3 community but since getting rid of an S3 and coming out that particular area, TLF generally seems to be people ranting about centre right politics, some Esprit chat and a bit of v6 platform chat.

Anyway as to attracting S3 owners - in general they are getting into modding (I still get lots of notes from folk about my build thread) so getting a few builds on here would be good, maybe getting Seriously Dave to showcase some of his power stages could be good, and push via social media to bring in users.

The other thing is v6 community is quite into trackdays, so bringing them into Exiges days would be good. I'm not sure why, but lots of the v6 guys don't use LOT (yes I know some do) - so that could be a good opportunity. TLF do very few events, their regional areas are dead, and I can't remember a single trackday event by TLF since 2017 - so its a gap in the market.

One strange thing I have noticed is folk read threads on here but message me elsewhere. So I get lots of questions about detailing, build thread etc, but they all come via Instagram and SELOC, but so many of them state they saw the content on Exiges.com - so I am stumped why they go to a different forum or platform to message me. but thats what happens for some reason. Certainly pushing via IG is a big opportunity for Exiges
Fonzey

MrP80 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:34 am One strange thing I have noticed is folk read threads on here but message me elsewhere. So I get lots of questions about detailing, build thread etc, but they all come via Instagram and SELOC, but so many of them state they saw the content on Exiges.com - so I am stumped why they go to a different forum or platform to message me. but thats what happens for some reason. Certainly pushing via IG is a big opportunity for Exiges
Not just me then, I post an update to my thread - and usually get a number of follow up questions/comments or answers to my questions via WhatsApp/Instagram/FB/etc. I know Andy has made it much easier to register on exiges.com, but there's definitely a laziness when it comes to forum usage nowadays - people just can't be arsed it seems. *

It's not just Exiges either, I get similar from my PH threads.

* I even had a customer ask me for 'thread updates' via MS Teams a few weeks ago :lol:
andybond
Site Admin

Noted on the read here comment elsewhere.

We have an active IG account ( thanks to a very helpful chap! )

I’ll see if I can get a way to integrate logins with insta.

I’ll be honest I am not a fan of the software we use here but everything else is a paywall.

Does anyone want to “come on board” and be a exiges.con official trackday events organiser? I can’t offer any perks or rewards. It would purely be for fun.
andybond
Site Admin

Fonzey wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 am
MrP80 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:34 am One strange thing I have noticed is folk read threads on here but message me elsewhere. So I get lots of questions about detailing, build thread etc, but they all come via Instagram and SELOC, but so many of them state they saw the content on Exiges.com - so I am stumped why they go to a different forum or platform to message me. but thats what happens for some reason. Certainly pushing via IG is a big opportunity for Exiges
Not just me then, I post an update to my thread - and usually get a number of follow up questions/comments or answers to my questions via WhatsApp/Instagram/FB/etc. I know Andy has made it much easier to register on exiges.com, but there's definitely a laziness when it comes to forum usage nowadays - people just can't be arsed it seems. *

* I even had a customer ask me for 'thread updates' via MS Teams a few weeks ago :lol:
You can RSS feed them into teams via a channel..
MrP80

Fonzey wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 am

Its very odd, but its a daily thing nowadays. Detailing I get as it very much lends itself to IG, but asking about a radiator or how to take a clam off makes less sense