What snow foam

for any non Lotus car talk or projects.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Inspired from threads from other lands . What snowfoam do you use, if any?
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Bilt Hamber!

Fonzey
Reactions:

Same here, BH is my staple:

Doesn't foam quite as thick as some others but find it works the best.

Recently come back from a holiday on 5litres of Auto Finesse stuff as well, worked OK tbh but was a bit pricier than BH.

andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

The AF stuff foams like mad but 100% with you on it doesnt appear to clean as well.
thommo
Reactions:

Never used a foam. Is it worthwhile?
Fonzey
Reactions:

I think so, I've occasionally given it a miss when washing one of the dailies but always get the feeling I'm having to spend more time on the mitt/bucket "contact wash" side of things as a result, plus my mitt gets absolutely filthy by the end! You'll find after snowfoaming even a filthy car that you can spray off the vast majority of dirt, therefor keeping your mitt cleaner when getting intimate with it.

I think most people who talk down the value of snowfoam assume that it results in a no-touch wash that takes 30seconds, that's not the case - it just makes your wash a bit 'safer' for the paint.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I would echo Fonzey statement.
The less you touch the paint work to remove grime the less marking/scratching/marring you will get.
ad_S
Reactions:

The issue I have is I had mine sealed with GTechniq which is great as the general dirt doesn't stick to the paintwork as much but then come washing time neither does the snow foam, so I end up topping up the snow foam a couple of times to get it to soft the grime then pressure wash off which it does with ease. Then just a quick zip round the bodywork to get any stubborn bits that are left.
thommo
Reactions:

Thanks, fellas. I must try some.
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

Do you have a lance as well? If not factor that in. The auto finesse one is the one I have and cannot complain