ad_S
Reactions:

Looks good, makes a refreshing change for a forum
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

thommo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:13 pm
Just had a look at the Flarum site. It's something I know bugger all about but it was set out very clearly and simply, so I'm thinking the actual forum will be top drawer if we adopt it.
The accessibility to date is key for me. I feel the flarum is the best way to achieve. Looking for more input from the masses though ..
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

6970K wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:30 pm
Looks fine with me Andy and sure would get used to different layout. :)
Thanks for the feedback ! :thumbup:
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

ad_S wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:23 pm
Looks good, makes a refreshing change for a forum
Its RAPID with a capital RAPID as well.

Appreciate the feedback
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I have not forgotten about this, I am just not 100% happy with the final product just yet.

Its missing private messages as we know then and the importer is a little picky with some of the images.

When its solid, Ill update the thread! :thumbup:
Rob999
Reactions:

Cheers @andybond 👍👍
Fonzey
Reactions:

Weird one... but for the last few weeks I've noticed my phone (Android / Pixel4) making weird noises whilst locked and on my desk. Sort of a 'boop' noise.

I've been trying to figure it out for ages, no notification on the phone at all - just a boop. I think I've now tracked it down to Exiges.com :lol: If my browser was last opened (Chrome) on exiges.com whilst logged in, it occasionally boops. It's not the notification from the 'chat' feature the boops are seemingly not timed with any thread updates.

Very odd, I don't suppose anybody else has been going insane from random boopings of their phones have they? :mrgreen:
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Lol I have too actually yes :D
R300
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

I dont have an android device to test this on.

Ill have to have a think of what it could be..
andybond
Site Admin
Reactions:

chaps , I havent forgotten about the potential migration.

The chaps at Flarum ( the other software located at zoesport.co.uk ) are working on the PM system. They have a very lightweight core and then addons provide the major features. Once this is available for install Ill reimport our database to the new system and verify all is ok on our test site and then go for a full migration here.

PHPBB ( the current software ) released version 3.3 a few days back. I am loathed to upgrade to this because it appears most of our plugins are now incompatible unless I started editing various parts of code and also the importers to flarum might not be 3.3 compatible.

Sort of stuck at the minute between a rock and hard place! :eh: