I'm back! Maybe!

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
series_one

Wavey :)

V6 with a big wing!

How many miles have you done in 9 years?
tim_marra

Brendan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:56 pm
Funny how the only real replacement for any Lotus is... another Lotus :D Do you miss the Exiges at all?

Good to know Pesky and RussT are still kicking!
Not really TBH. The Evora covers all the bases for my needs now. If you use FB Pesky and Russ are quite active on there :thumbup:
thommo

a 400, which after nearly 5 years I sold yesterday.

What!!!!!??????
Exige S1 No: 139

thommo wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:13 pm a 400, which after nearly 5 years I sold yesterday.

What!!!!!??????
5 years in December Steve, I will miss it but would be taking off road for winter anyway.
Brendan

6970K wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:51 pm Good to see you back Brendan, I remember you from when I got my 1st S1 Exige in early 2003.

Pesky, Russ, Uldis, RoxTeddy were all very active here then.

The supercharger noise on the Exige S2 is quite noticeable, but I quite liked it and since I got a 250 Cup 2 years ago I miss it :)

Good choice with Evora NA I had one for few years and loved it before swapping for a 400, which after nearly 5 years I sold yesterday.

Next will be my 10th Lotus
Steve
Hey Steve, I vaguely remember you, but your username's not so memorable as some of the other guys :) I'd be interested to hear how you got on with the 400. I had a brief test drive a couple of years back, felt it had moved the Evora on from the sports GT it started out as, to more of a supercar. I just couldn't justify the price to change from my LE.

Any idea what's next for the magic no. 10? My next will be 11 :)
Brendan

series_one wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:54 pm Wavey :)

V6 with a big wing!

How many miles have you done in 9 years?
Hey! Your name seems familiar, though I'm afraid I don't remember specifics. V6 with a big wing sounds like a great idea.

I've done about 40k miles in 9 years. It's been a great car, and will be missed, though not as much as I miss my S2 Exige.

However... I'm planning to test drive an Exige V6 this weekend. Must be getting old as I'm seriously considering a grey car with a black interior and IPS gearbox!

Brendan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:27 pm
6970K wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:51 pm Good to see you back Brendan, I remember you from when I got my 1st S1 Exige in early 2003.

The supercharger noise on the Exige S2 is quite noticeable, but I quite liked it and since I got a 250 Cup 2 years ago I miss it :)

Good choice with Evora NA I had one for few years and loved it before swapping for a 400, which after nearly 5 years I sold yesterday.

Steve
Hey Steve, I vaguely remember you, but your username's not so memorable as some of the other guys :) I'd be interested to hear how you got on with the 400. I had a brief test drive a couple of years back, felt it had moved the Evora on from the sports GT it started out as, to more of a supercar. I just couldn't justify the price to change from my LE.

User name is one of my plates Brendan and my titanium S1 had one that looks similar (G9TOK)

I ordered the 400 without driving one and went auto again which is way better than the auto in the S1. If you are considering the Exige IPS, I have been on one when they came out and the change is slower like the Evora S1 and I didnt feel it suited the Exige (gotta be manual)

The 400 doesn't 'float' over the bumps like the the NA and is bit firmer than the S but still is amazing. I bought it just for the noise even though I had put a 2bular on my S1.

No prizes for guessing what is on order as Lotus No.10 to replace the Evora ;)
Brendan

6970K wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:04 pm
User name is one of my plates Brendan and my titanium S1 had one that looks similar (G9TOK)

I ordered the 400 without driving one and went auto again which is way better than the auto in the S1. If you are considering the Exige IPS, I have been on one when they came out and the change is slower like the Evora S1 and I didnt feel it suited the Exige (gotta be manual)

The 400 doesn't 'float' over the bumps like the the NA and is bit firmer than the S but still is amazing. I bought it just for the noise even though I had put a 2bular on my S1.

No prizes for guessing what is on order as Lotus No.10 to replace the Evora ;)
One of the reasons I'm changing my car is I've got early beginnings of arthritis, and the heavy clutch pedal is giving me a little pain in my left hip and foot.
I know the Exige is a proper road racer, but my thinking is it's also just a proper 'event' to drive even when driving at a steady pace. The IPS isn't going to be perfect when I'm on it, but it seems like it should be a decent compromise so I'll be more comfortable on a longer run. As a bonus, my wife would like to be able to drive it occasionally, and she just doesn't want to drive a manual anymore.

I'm guessing you're on the list for an Emira then! Looks fantastic, but bad timing for me. They're going a tad more mainstream (in terms of usability) just when I'm looking for something more silly :)
SimonE

Brendan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:27 pm

Steve

Good to hear Steve. Got my deposit down on an Emira too - no18 Lotus

Brendan, did you sell your Exige to a chap who put a Honda in it?
Brendan

SimonE wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 pm Brendan, did you sell your Exige to a chap who put a Honda in it?
Hey Simon! Good to see you're still around too! I part exchanged my S1 for my S2 with Nick Whale Sports Cars, but yes, Steve Jones was the next owner. He replaced my freshly rebuilt and balanced VHPD with a Honda. I've almost forgiven him now ;)