Radford Lotus Typ 62-2

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
ortope

Doesn't look bad IMHO
S1 #016
ortope

The chassis comes from the Evora...
S1 #016
gonein60seconds

I like it - but believe it’s £200-250k + which I’m not convinced about, but hope it does well, positive for the brand.
S1 #501
thommo

I love it.
Exige S1 No: 139
Type116

i love the front and the rear but the part above the engine doesn't look quite right somehow.
Lavazza

I understand from an interview with Jenson (by Schmee) that they're using the Exige Chassis.
HOON

I think it looks great, I’d have one if I had the cash 👍
tlracer

The renderings makes it look very 'vacuum formed' - think lightweight slot-car body - especially when compared to the real Type 62.

Personally I really don't like it:

a) Deeply unoriginal - a somewhat tacky pastiche of an existing car (a bit like film remakes, eg. 'The Italian Job'...)
b) Cost - if the reports/interviews are correct, it's essentially a rebodied Exige/Evora for a quarter mill...

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't get the idea of plundering someone else's design to create a modern interpretation. Distinctly lacking in imagination, tapping into 'retro' trend for silly money.

Even the company name, Radford, is simply a revival of an old coachbuilders...
seriouslylotus

tlracer wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:53 am The renderings makes it look very 'vacuum formed' - think lightweight slot-car body - especially when compared to the real Type 62.

Personally I really don't like it:

a) Deeply unoriginal - a somewhat tacky pastiche of an existing car (a bit like film remakes, eg. 'The Italian Job'...)
b) Cost - if the reports/interviews are correct, it's essentially a rebodied Exige/Evora for a quarter mill...

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't get the idea of plundering someone else's design to create a modern interpretation. Distinctly lacking in imagination, tapping into 'retro' trend for silly money.

Even the company name, Radford, is simply a revival of an old coachbuilders...
Thought it was just me... 100% agree
rebodied current car for stupid money