Hello from a new owner in SE London

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
Chalen60

Fonzey wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:43 am Yikes that sounds loud. What Exhaust does it have?
Just standard as far as I know. The bellows between the intercooler and roof vent are not fully attached on the intercooler side so maybe that's a factor? I tried reconnecting but gave up after making it worse not better lolz. Andy @ RMS (top guy!) is scheduled to sort it out in the new year at some point.
Fonzey

Some of the Lotus OEM exhausts are horrifically loud - Stage 2 maybe(?)

The bellows are annoying, I used to put double sided tape around the circumference of the IC shroud just to keep it in place while sorting the massive clip out. Unlikely to be generating any noise though.
Chalen60

Fonzey wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:41 am Some of the Lotus OEM exhausts are horrifically loud - Stage 2 maybe(?)

The bellows are annoying, I used to put double sided tape around the circumference of the IC shroud just to keep it in place while sorting the massive clip out. Unlikely to be generating any noise though.
Will give that a try :-) Is there a way of telling which exhaust is on the car beside the volume level? Service history is complete but there were no invoices before the previous owner. I emailed stratstone in case they could provide anything from their system, but as the dealer in question is no longer a Lotus dealer they tell me they no longer have or have access to that info.
Fonzey

Snap some pics if you can, bonus points with the diffuser off. I'm sure someone will be able to identify it. Diameter of the backbox is a pretty good clue to start with, the quieter boxes are all in the 8" region.
Chalen60

:thumbup:
Fonzey wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:51 am Snap some pics if you can, bonus points with the diffuser off. I'm sure someone will be able to identify it. Diameter of the backbox is a pretty good clue to start with, the quieter boxes are all in the 8" region.
tlracer

Chalen60 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:24 pm Not my first rodeo as I’ve had... a Clio V6...
What is it about Clio V6's that bring on the need to buy an Exige?

I also had a V6 (series 1) before I bought my Exige S1 :thumbup:
Chalen60

Been a while since i had mine (series 2). I make a point of selling cars just before they go up in value :crazy:
tlracer wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:02 pm
Chalen60 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:24 pm Not my first rodeo as I’ve had... a Clio V6...
What is it about Clio V6's that bring on the need to buy an Exige?

I also had a V6 (series 1) before I bought my Exige S1 :thumbup:
tlracer

I parked my V6 in a hedge bottom, thanks to a faulty airbag system... :shock: so I bought the Exige as it hasn't any safety accoutrements, active or passive, to get involved!