Has anyone chosen 380 over a 410 ( Newbie!)

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
seriouslylotus

EX16FUN wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:38 pm Would you like to expand further ... ? 380 plus what equals ‘better than 410’?
PM me if better of course 👍
Better???? Just a different approach, 410 Will depreciate a big chunk, 380 seems to have found its level, I love the 380 looks especially if it has the correct colours and a shit ton of carbon. Dont want to say too much about what can be done, give me a call if you want some biased opinions!!!
EX16FUN

Thank you, 410 thoughts on money, part of my thinking re possible ‘sweet spot if a 380.
Will call as you suggest.
The Hornet

EX16FUN wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:04 am Thank you Hornet. Would your friend be happy to divulge his thoughts so far on the 410 after the 380 do you think?

Interesting Seriouslylotus, are you thinking a 380’s road bias is more suited than the 410 to someone who will be on track a few percent of the time, but it gives the option to move more track focus in the future?
I will certainly ask him for more detail - but so far, he is very happy with the 410, says it feels a bit more 'special' than the 380 - but I need to quantify what that means - its certainly faster - especially on track
EX16FUN

So by way of an update ... heart won over head and a 410 was duly collected from Hoffman’s. In the end, I felt the 410 offered a level of performance that’s a leap on from the 380 that, although far beyond my driving capabilities, will just give even more ‘bang for buck’ than a 380 as long as I don’t think too hard about the price difference.

Suspension adjustability is something I really want to understand and play with, so the 3 ways were a plus point. There’s plenty of carbon, even if no running boards and I actually prefer the leather sills. The immediacy of power ( bhp and single mass flywheel?) is phenomenal and there is something very special about driving, what could be, the last road compliant extreme Exige.

Chris and his colleagues worked hard for me and we agreed on a very good deal ... and when the wife says, ‘that’s a really great colour’, who am I to disappoint her!

andybond
Site Admin

What a fantastic looking car. Congratulations on your purchase
Fonzey

Gorgeous, congratulations.

It's taking a lot of self control to not go test drive a 410 at the moment, some decent deals to be had :thumbup:
dris

Post more pictures when you can, that looks stunning.

I occasionally go for a drive with a 410 in my S1. Unbelievably quick and the standard exhaust sounds fantastic.

Welcome to exige ownership.
PaulT

Oh god that's Italian Flag Green isn't it?