New owner #001

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
winthattt
Reactions:

Welcome, I have Marks (jabs) old S1 and a Caterham roadsport/academy. Can’t say I would ever want to take the Caterham on road but the Exige is like nothing else. Welcome to the forum. You will find this is the most useful and friendly lotus group.
Reactions:

Congrats on purchasing a piece of Lotus history :clap:
jonnyfox
Reactions:

Superb on all counts and for everyone concerned. I've had a few sleepless nights thinking about buying 001 recently. Looks like I'll sleep well tonight.

Congrats and enjoy.
R300
evo_ufo
Reactions:

Welcome, great choice, and a piece of Lotus heritage. Look forward to seeing it in person at an event in the future.
tompel9582
Reactions:

Congrats for this buy! :thumbup:
A question still in my mind, Do you know when your exige came out of the factory exactly? To know the real date of anniversary of the S1 exige model :angel:
tim_marra
Reactions:

jonnyfox wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:30 pm Superb on all counts and for everyone concerned. I've had a few sleepless nights thinking about buying 001 recently. Looks like I'll sleep well tonight.

Congrats and enjoy.
You already had the No1 best Exige S1 on the planet Jonny. Love the Aston btw :thumbup:
Evoman
Reactions:

Brilliant, It's great to hear these cars bought to then be used as intended. I was in touch with the original owner of my S1 Exige and he told me "drive it like you stole it, you'll get the best out of it that way!" Of course keep them well serviced and looked after, then use. There is motorsport DNA in there afterall :)
Fonzey
Reactions:

Great stuff, glad the owner has registered here as 001 was quite the talking point.

Please keep us up to date on your journey with it :)
Rob999
Reactions:

Chrome orange S1’s are the best Exige variant to be fair 😉😎
Palmergeddon
Reactions:

Thanks all :)

I originally put the deposit down a month ago and had to wait for the lockdown to ease - I took my Aston Martin Vantage down on Tuesday for the part exchange and to complete the deal. The car might be ready on Sunday, I'll keep you posted.

[mention]tompel9582[/mention] the car was first registered on the 1st July, but according to the provenance cert it was signed from production on the 23rd June - so I would say its bday is the 23rd June.

[mention]jonnyfox[/mention] sorry buddy, i'm sure we can sort out a drive in future. I promise to use it for all to see and enjoy!

[mention]winthattt[/mention] the Caterham is an interesting car, I can see the appeal, but I don't lust after one. It might be that I haven't driven it enough - it has been sat in my garage unused since they gave it to me as a loan car. I'm too busy trying to work at home while being a home school teacher to a 5 year old and chasing after a one year old - I'm sure others are in a similar position.