S1 Exige Register

Topics relating to the series 1 Exige
gonein60seconds

S1 Exige Register

Post by gonein60seconds » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:56 pm

Following from previous thread, details to establish a register for the Exige; Hopefully this is something that can be built and maintained with Exiges.com - I ll help support the admin if of assistance..

Details to complete -

* Owner name and details
* Car Reg
* Car Date of registration
* Car VIN
* Manufacture Number (last three of VIN)
* Car Colour
* Factory fitted options
* Third Party options/modifications
* current mileage (and date)
* number of previous owners
* Photo/s of car optional but nice
** Looking for ** S1 Lotus Exige, Cobalt blue, No.437 / Y104 JTM

MADDOG

Re: S1 Exige Register

Post by MADDOG » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:43 pm

maybe you should also post where you keep your keys and whether its parked in the garge or not

Carttman

Post by Carttman » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:51 pm

Yip,with an ID like "gonein60seconds", that info may just be used for a "boost" (The term I believed the movie used when criminals have an inventory list to fulfill) !!

gonein60seconds

Post by gonein60seconds » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:12 pm

Sorry all - half thought it after the post it my be deemed that way, be great to establish a register though, if the info could be sent to a secure place with just bare details available externally, or to a member only area?

stevegreen

Post by stevegreen » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:15 pm

maybe you should also post where you keep your keys and whether its parked in the garge or not
These days anyone can contact the DVLA and obtain your registered address from your reg number. The fact that your car is (hopefully) still where you left it last time you drove it means that you are, perhaps, a little more paranoid about this than it deserves you to be

MADDOG

Post by MADDOG » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:37 pm

These days anyone can contact the DVLA and obtain your registered address from your reg number. The fact that your car is (hopefully) still where you left it last time you drove it means that you are, perhaps, a little more paranoid about this than it deserves you to be
They have to have your reg number first
I personally would not like posting my car reg and address on the internet/open forum

stevegreen

Post by stevegreen » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:00 pm

Its usually on both the front and back of your car, so it's hardly a secret. If you ever do a trackday, or have any other pics of your car posted on the net then they are there anyway.
I personally would not like posting my car reg and address on the internet/open forum
I didn't think anyone was asking that you post your home address and in any event the posting of your details would hardly be mandatory, so you and everyone else could pick and choose which fields they wanted to complete.

gonein60seconds

Post by gonein60seconds » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm

maybe people could just post usernames, and drop personal details. And car wise just the VIN's? And other car details?? Would be nice to know how many are out there, which colour is the most popular, etc etc, just an idea out of enthusiasm for the car - not to enter into grand theft auto...

Mr Pesky

Post by Mr Pesky » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:29 pm

Details to complete -

* Car Date of registration

* Manufacture Number (last three of VIN)

* Car Colour

* Factory fitted options

* Third Party options/modifications

* number of previous owners

* 1 (equiv of 6" x 4") Photo of car (&/or link to gallery with multple photos)
I think that's all we need

MADDOG

Post by MADDOG » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:15 pm

Its usually on both the front and back of your car, so it's hardly a secret. If you ever do a trackday, or have any other pics of your car posted on the net then they are there anyway.
I didn't think anyone was asking that you post your home address and in any event the posting of your details would hardly be mandatory, so you and everyone else could pick and choose which fields they wanted to complete.
are you always so argumentative