Owning an S1 from New

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
Richard Parham

Would anyone be interested in me writing an account on the 21 years of my ownership of my S1 Exige.
Richard
andybond
Site Admin

Very much so!
Rob999

Go for it. Don’t forget to add photos 👌
thommo

Definitely! Can't wait to read it.
Exige S1 No: 139
Bandit

Yes please, lots of pictures too!
HOON

Yes please plus loads of photos as previously mentioned! 👍
tlracer

Sounds great, yes!

Having only owned mine for just over 18 years, I feel like a complete novice by comparison 👍
The_Wizard

Yes please 😁
Richard Parham

Hi every one..
I have been a petrol head since the age of 14.. owning many various performance cars through out my time with a licence. In 1999 I imported from Japan a lovely Mitsubishi EVO 6,, probably one of the first in the UK. I was heavily into track days at the time, and would be driving the EVO to its max most weekends. The car was amazing, all the technology you needed to become the next rally legend. In fact to much techno..
One day I was driving to work, and this beautiful mini Le Mans car came towards me.. WOW..That was it.. love at first site.. and the Exige S1 affair had started. That evening I looked for local lotus dealerships and found SGTs in Maidenhead. They were a dealership that dealt with many manufactures... including Mitsubishi, which was important as I needed to PX the EVO in against the Lotus. A quick phone call that morning and a test drive was booked. I arrived mid day and introduced myself to one of the sales staff..They checked over the EVO, and took it for a drive. They were very impressed, and a PX value agreed. Now for test drive
of the exige. The demo car was gorgeous.. and off we went for jaunt around Maidenhead. The sales lady drove first, them i. I can remember it not being very fast and smelling of petrol.. but the noise.. and drama of the exige was intoxicating. Back at the dealership I explained I had £30k to spend.. and no more.. so I ordered a basic exige with no frills. The next day I received a phone call from SGTs.. Mr Parham.. good news..
we have 5 cars fully loaded in matalic, with AC, sports seats, harnesses, carbon air box, removable steering wheel....for £36k.. I promptly said... as I explained..I only have £30k to spend..
Richard Parham

To be continued.