S1 Exige Conversion

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
lotuslee

Loving this thread 👏
Fonzey

Good start, looking forward to more :thumbup:
thommo

Great stuff, keep it coming.
TitaniumDan

I had no idea the rear wheels/tyres were so wide...they look absolutely monstrous!
jamesjeffery

This is the comparison between my 111s wheels with tyres and my Exige wheels with tyres. I read that 255s were as big as an 8" wheel could take, so thought sod it!

TitaniumDan

Oh my word :o :thumbup:
winthattt

What are you going to do for the engine, the biggest part of an S1 Exige is the lumpy, stinky VHPD?
jamesjeffery

Engine is currently a PTP170 engine, recently dyno'd at 160hp and 133lbs. It is nice and lumpy but really needs an Emerald, which it will get when I install the throttle bodies, which will appear somewhere in the thread.
The engine has a Vulcan head which is really nice and thankfully wasn't damaged from the HGF I had just before the conversion started. This is also another reason the engine will see minimal modification as I don't want to spend another chunk of money taking the head all apart again.

Other specs are B4BP box with LSD, Nitron 40s, adjustable ARB, aluminum hubs front and rear, Eliseparts toe links, Janspeed 4-2-1 manifold and Roadsport backbox, vibratechnics engine mounts, TTV lightweight flywheel, AP racing clutch, Reverie Daytona induction (which will be sold when the throttle bodies are installed), Carbone Lorraine RC5 pads, pro alloy radiator, Elise-Shop engine brace bar.

There might be a few extra things I've forgotten, but does go well. Unfortunately the stock pistons and rods will limit this engine, but I'll just make up for it by being a bit braver on track, that doesn't cost anything at least!
jamesjeffery

Next up I sourced some side intake grilles. These were bonded to a clam so we're a little bit hacked off, but as you'll never really see this I wasn't concerned.

At the time I still hadn't started taking my Elise apart, and was planning to use the carbon intakes I had on that rear clam on my Exige. However the buyer of my rear clam liked them and we made a deal for them to stay on, so I sourced some new carbon intakes too.

Also my fog and reverse lights weren't horrendous, but for the sake of £30 got some nice new ones, and new reflectors too.

Rishie

Watching with a lot of interest!