S1 Exige Conversion

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
jamesjeffery

I had almost forgotten about the bother bits of bodywork I'd have to sort, being so tied up with both clams.

I started with the bonnet as it was already off the car.

Taping up was relatively easy other than right up to the edges and under the lip to cover all of the grilles. The grilles are in really good condition and so don't need any spraying or refurb.

All taped and ready to sand. There are a few stone chips that will need filler but most will be covered by primer.

I also taped the under side and will ask for this side to have a spray of base coat (no primer) to hide the respray.

I sanded with 320grit to get the key needed for the primer to grab hold.
I also need to key the doors and sills but it is much easier than sanding right back.
jamesjeffery

Due to the larger width Exige wheels along with the 255 rear tyres, they came very close to rubbing against my handbrake. I decided to create a bit more distance between the two.

Here was the before. There was probably only a few mil between the wheel and cable.

After loosening the 10mm nut in the bracket I twisted it and then tightened it back down.
It is a little more kinked than before but I'm confident it won't affect its performance and getting the clearance was more important as I leave the car in gear on any type of gradient.