Headlight cover removal

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S1 (series 1)
SimonE
Reactions:

S1Exige wrote:Heat it up with a hairdryer, find some fishing line and do a sawing motion between the lens and double sided tape..............it worked for me
I thought that you used trackdays to remove yours Graeme? :D
S1Exige
Reactions:

SimonE wrote:
S1Exige wrote:Heat it up with a hairdryer, find some fishing line and do a sawing motion between the lens and double sided tape..............it worked for me
I thought that you used trackdays to remove yours Graeme? :D
I did Simon but it was getting expensive because I couldn't always find them ;)
AKA M7EXG

S1 Exige #96
340R #84
250 GP Cup
stevegreen101
Reactions:

Just came across an old photo and thought it would illustrate exactly what's what on the rear entry method.

This is with the nearside wheel liner removed:

Never having taken it out - which combination of screws and wingnuts need undoing?
STEVE.E
Reactions:

Just the three of the wingnuts need to be removed and the whole lamp unit and bracket can be taken away from the clam. Just make a note of the position of the spacers and springs, and take a few measurements from the lamp holder to the clam to be able to put it back in a the same position to get the beam alignment correct.

Cheers Steve.
stevegreen101
Reactions:

:clap:

Thanks.

I wasn't sure from the photo whether that top screw went through the clam or not - clearly if it did, it would make taking the light out from the back a near impossible task!

Given they are plastic wingnuts so no recalcitrant nuts to deal with, it should be a relatively easy job once the wheel liner is off.
thommo
Reactions:

Thanks, Steve, and. . . Steve