Exige 'industrial' roll cage!

Topics specific to the series 3 Exige
hogarth

Exige 'industrial' roll cage!

Post by hogarth » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:41 am

Progress pictures below of the new roll cage fitted to my V6 Exige to enable it to compete in hill climbs and sprints, as you can see, .... it has a certain 'Monster Truck' style of scaffold pole protection!

Other build projects in hand also.
Attachments
V6 CAGE 4.jpg
V6 CAGE 4.jpg (62.28 KiB) Viewed 4414 times
V6 CAGE 3.jpg
V6 CAGE 3.jpg (68.82 KiB) Viewed 4414 times
V6 CAGE 2.jpg
V6 CAGE 2.jpg (73.36 KiB) Viewed 4414 times

evo_ufo

Re: Exige 'industrial' roll cage!

Post by evo_ufo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:22 am

Looks good. Given you've gone as far as door bars any reason you didn't also brace between the A pillars?

hogarth

Post by hogarth » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Don't really know to be honest, it was taking such a long time to fabricate and it needed to be compliant with the MSA Blue Book, so I left the cage builders to it... and this is what they came up with .... which should hopefully pass scrutineering, ... pretty sturdy looking job though eh?

As it now has those chunky door bars I have had most of the heavy original alloy beam removed from the door inners, plus fitting lightweight rear hatch and will fit S2 Exige 2010 style rear spoiler, lightweight front inspection hatch cover (having this specially made ...anybody else want one?) and possibly fitting a Mohawk (single skin) roof to get some air into the cabin as it gets rather hot in there waiting to get to the start line sometimes.. but that's just an idea at moment.

Other mods are 2bular exhaust (if I ever receive it) and SSC induction system, complete aircon removal and perspex windows.

Plans for next year are proper 2bular exhaust manifolds, lighter wheels, smaller charger pulley and Komotec re-map... but we shall see!

r1chardh

Post by r1chardh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Good luck with the 2bular... been banging my head against that particular wall for about 8 months now.
Exige RGB

hogarth

Post by hogarth » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:06 am

Patience Dear Chap, patience! ... Regarding 2Bular I spoke to Jim Valentine this week and the delay is caused by: "Trying to get out-sourcing done, Worldwide demand, training of people and to keep production going" ... so mine should arrive this week!

r1chardh

Post by r1chardh » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:54 pm

I've had every excuse from Jim under the sun. He still promises the world, but I think 8 months *is* being patient! Trouble is, he doesn't keep a note of his excuses - he told me he'd put a manifold aside and just needed the backbox, then told me he had the backbox but no manifolds... I understand it's hard, but it's frustrating!! Look forward to hearing a clip of yours, should sound amazing!
Exige RGB

hogarth

Post by hogarth » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:37 am

Ooooh Shiny Shiny .... Just arrived... straight through with new baffle system, no Cat and plain tips!
Attachments
2Bular.jpg
2Bular.jpg (68.52 KiB) Viewed 4028 times

Benja

Post by Benja » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:07 am

hogarth wrote:Ooooh Shiny Shiny .... Just arrived... straight through with new baffle system, no Cat and plain tips!
Wow that is gonna sound very fruity. Looking forwards to seeing this,...you got a planned timescale?

Muu

Post by Muu » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:47 am

r1chardh wrote:I've had every excuse from Jim under the sun. He still promises the world, but I think 8 months *is* being patient! Trouble is, he doesn't keep a note of his excuses - he told me he'd put a manifold aside and just needed the backbox, then told me he had the backbox but no manifolds... I understand it's hard, but it's frustrating!! Look forward to hearing a clip of yours, should sound amazing!
he'll be along soon enough claiming 'denigration' and that he'll sue exiges etc

what about something from komo? http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Exige/MK2-Toyota/Exhaust/

321freeflow

Post by 321freeflow » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:08 pm

Muu wrote:
r1chardh wrote:I've had every excuse from Jim under the sun. He still promises the world, but I think 8 months *is* being patient! Trouble is, he doesn't keep a note of his excuses - he told me he'd put a manifold aside and just needed the backbox, then told me he had the backbox but no manifolds... I understand it's hard, but it's frustrating!! Look forward to hearing a clip of yours, should sound amazing!
he'll be along soon enough claiming 'denigration' and that he'll sue exiges etc

what about something from komo? http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Exige/MK2-Toyota/Exhaust/
Well, if the vertically challenged ginger one had kept his fat mouth under control and hadn't sought a cheap/libellous laugh from his onanist mates on here I wouldn't have to have this place monitored. :D
I did what any business owner would have done - you people don't live in a wee bubble - and you needed to be told as much.
Lawyers eh? There's waaaay too many of them and they're always looking for a case. My one still mentions Exiges.com - funnily enough, he was most interested to hear that Dave Garthwaite owned a business.

Ref Richard H - I'm not surprised a pea-brain like you wouldn't think to ask "who would wait 8 months for anything?"
Thing is, Richard knows what he wants, he knows he won't get it anywhere else - so he waits. He's been kept up-to-date with developments and I haven't taken a penny from him.
He's the epitome of the new owner you find on social media. Happy and engaging through the e-mails, whining and back-stabbing on the forums.
I've been informed of his similar posts seeking sympathy on the other Lotus forums and of course, the professionally offended such as you, are more than happy to stroke his fevered brow.
At one point, I had his 4-1 manifold but not his Re-Pack system. Problems with the press-tooling on the end-caps for those meant a lonnnng delay (more legal issues), so I sold his manifold. By the time we eventually got the tooling repaired, I had decided to engage another supplier for the manifolds - same people who make the pipes for Mercedes F1, so worth waiting for I feel.
Every time Richard whines about my service on the forums, I add another 50 :00GBP to his invoice :lol: