First few months of LF1 ownership

Topics specific to the series 3 Exige
gp_fisher

First few months of LF1 ownership

Post by gp_fisher » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Just trying to help Benja by posting a bit more :thumbup:
After picking the LF1 up on the 3rd October I must say I am really enjoying it, I soon forgot about leaving my S2 behind which was a fabulous car.
The two most notable improvements are the power deliverey and the way it rides on the road (not had chance to drive it on the track yet)
The sound from the exhaust is great when in touring mode but is even better in sport, not too loud. Including the standard exhaust on the S2 I had four different ones fitted and could not find one that I really liked they seem to get tiresome after thirty minutes. But that is my opinion and I am sure other people love their's.
Had the first service done at 1200 miles the engine is really smooth and the gearbox is getting slicker,the shift was quite stiff at first (so was I lol).
Trouble is I can't stop wanting to take it out for a blast even if the roads are not very good at the moment, but I did spray the underneath with ACF 50 a couple of days after picking it up and will do that again in the Spring.
The gold wheels look great but you have to wash them more because they soon get dirty, then they don't look very nice and being a matt finish are harder to clean.
After having a problem with the lights being crap on dipped beam, sorted now by having them adjusted correctly. Still would be better if Nightbreaker brought out bulbs that would fit.
Pain in the bum that the car didn't come with a harness bar fitted, but I have one ready to fit plus the harnesses.
Would I recommend people buy a V6 Exige and the answer is YES, I have not stopped smiling since picking it up. :D
Looking forward to better weather now and the first outing with the car at Anglesey, it will still be one of the slowest car's there though with me behind the wheel but I will be enjoying it which is what it's all about. ;)

tim_marra

Re: First few months of LF1 ownership

Post by tim_marra » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:19 pm

You have a stunning car Pete - something of a keeper I think. I was very impressed on my little test drive, but not enough to tempt me from the Evora as I prefer the old fart comfort levels it offers :oops:

gp_fisher

Post by gp_fisher » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:31 pm

tim_marra wrote:You have a stunning car Pete - something of a keeper I think. I was very impressed on my little test drive, but not enough to tempt me from the Evora as I prefer the old fart comfort levels it offers :oops:
Plus the Evora is Sherman friendly :thumbup:

Muu

Post by Muu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:01 pm

the lf1 is deffo the spec to have, looks cracking

gp_fisher

Post by gp_fisher » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:06 pm

What I am missing is the induction noise that I used to have in the S2 with the TRD airbox.
Would be great if TRD did one for the V6, I suppose we will have to wait for that. Don't want to void the 3 year warranty either.

Muu

Post by Muu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:29 pm

how much does the TVS blower whine?

gp_fisher

Post by gp_fisher » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:43 pm

It is fairly quiet really Muu compared with the S2, but the S2 does have the a/a intercooler too which makes some of the noise. When I fitted the Pro Alloy intercooler that made a deeper sound than the standard one :thumbup:

ad_S

Post by ad_S » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Pete your car does look stunning but im not jealous in the slightest.....well maybe just a bit :lol:

Bully

Post by Bully » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nice review, hoping to have time/weather to get some miles on mine soon.

tim_marra

Post by tim_marra » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Bully wrote:Nice review, hoping to have time/weather to get some miles on mine soon.
Post up about it.......with some pics please :)