ecu tune N/A

Topics specific to owners of the series 2 Exige
evo_ufo

Re: ecu tune N/A

Post by evo_ufo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Interesting that you mention the ‘black ECU’. That’s what I’m running in my car now. Was previously on an Emerald but this offered much more control. Running really sweetly now. Not sure I’d recommend it for a standard NA car though. Still think that a straight cam switch map or the H111 map is the way to go.

pkw2704

Post by pkw2704 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 pm

H111 didnt recommend it due to standard manifold,and the cam lower is on the car already.RRR mentioned 15bhp at the hubs and 20-25bhp mid range on the n/a,not much more on top end but more torque lower down the rev range which is what I would like,sometimes I dont want to be wringing the nuts off it(could be my age).They mentioned the EMU also could run a supercharger set up (if I win the lottery) at a later date.Also I suppose worth considering if I sell the car I can swap straight back to standard and sell the emu set up to recoup some funds.Who installed yours and set it up

evo_ufo

Post by evo_ufo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 pm

If you already have the lower cam change point then I’d stick there. The chances that you will get anything like 15hp without exhausts and intake are negligible. Save the cash for track days instead.

pkw2704

Post by pkw2704 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Its strange that both BOE and RRR show r/r print outs of standard motors and they seem to get a good 10-15 through the rev range and at cam change they recover 25bhp and no dip,top end not much but its the lower/mid i am interested in

evo_ufo

Post by evo_ufo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:01 am

Suspect they get more at the cam change as they will be compared against cars that havent already had the cam change point lowered. Think Lotus probably put the cam change at non optimal point for those that like the kick when it changes, rather than a smoother curve.

With respect to BOE and RRR getting more through the range, then I'm sure there is a little bit to be had, but from personal experience I only saw those sort of gains with induction, manifold, sport cat and straight through exhaust back box.

You only need to look at what Lotus themselves did with the 'S'. They added SC to take the car to 220 bhp initially. If there was really an easy 15 bhp gain just from a map they might not have done that, or would have gone bigger.

One other more controversial observation. If you are worried about the lower/mid end then you aren't driving it right :)

pkw2704

Post by pkw2704 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:43 pm

[quote If you are worried about the lower/mid end then you aren't driving it right :)[/quote]
LOL .....or I am getting old