Inlet charge temps

Topics specific to owners of the series 2 Exige
ade

Re: Inlet charge temps

Post by ade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:31 am

[quote=chrisexigegt][quote=JDS]So what would happen if you were on a track? Appreciate that your car has a load more power and rads, but I don't think we are quite comparing apples with apples.

Spa is a good 40 seconds of WOT from mid 2nd gear to mid 5th ish, with a girly lift through the bottom of Eau Rouge, then the rest of the lap is pretty full on with 3rd/4th/5th gear corners and minimal braking, and chance for the temperatures to recover.

The only way for a true comparison is for the same car, driver, track, day, conditions to back to back all the options. Preferably without knowing whihc one is fitted at the time of testing. [/quote]

Girly lift - you talkin to me ???? :cry: [/quote]

Shit I was braking and changing back to 4th! What am I then?

I do have a slightly taller 4th than everyone else though having the Jubu gearset......

ade

Post by ade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:42 am

[quote=jfk]All well and good ,but,how do you explain my low intake temps then if air/air don't work?? [/quote]

All the testing I have ever done on the road in mine the charge temps never went more than 10 degrees above ambient, I was shocked by the difference at Spa, I am over the winter going to be changing my set up (if funds allow). I plan on moving the oil cooler rad to the back of the car and using the old oil cooler rads as extra heat exchangers (similar to Frank's car).

moomin

Post by moomin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:42 am

[quote=frank][quote=jfk]All well and good ,but,how do you explain my low intake temps then if air/air don't work?? [/quote]
But ask yourself why did Lotus choose A/W, for the added weight ? [/quote]
The Lotus own GT3 charge cooled car didn't work , it heatsoaked badly and was unreliable , the Lanzante A/A intercooled GT3 was far better and more successful , so yes I do ask why did Lotus used that system .

Post by 661 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:33 am

[/quote]
The Lotus own GT3 charge cooled car didn't work , it heatsoaked badly and was unreliable , the Lanzante A/A intercooled GT3 was far better and more successful , so yes I do ask why did Lotus used that system . [/quote]

you are not suggesting that Adrian Newey knows anything about designing a race car, are you?
Graeme

JDS

Post by JDS » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:53 am

Or that the Red Bull car had an intercooler/duct/windscreen/roof anything like a road car?

moomin

Post by moomin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:44 am

Yes but my car and yours are not a GT3 proper race car doing 24 hour Britcar races , it would be over the top for most of us on here . I was talkin like for like about the GT3 cars Frank was on about .

frank

Post by frank » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:38 pm

Lotus choose the crap barrel chargecooler and had only one heatexchanger with shity pump flow....
The Red Bull car had the right idea but it had too much plumbing and if not under full boost throttle responce was lacking.... Roots blowers don't like those long runs back and forward... Even if Lotus were runing a cheater MP62 with TVS rotors they were still using a crap system....rules you know suck..

jonnyfox

Post by jonnyfox » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:42 pm

IC/CC thread gone sh1te Cilla! Started well tho......

jfk

Post by jfk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Debate rocks Jonny !!
come and drive my missile lol ..

jonnyfox

Post by jonnyfox » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:06 pm

You mate and JSR (& g pigs)from an outsider looking in ROCK...few others also, sorry tend to lose interest there are a few others but either way same old same old....Even you Jonny must have YAWN moments or TEN? Frank not aimed at you, total respect but not relevant within use and budget mate of what the thread was intended.

Edit to say keep with the facts...